No, read what I posted. I said I buy straight grain, no figure, for shafts and handle wood. I wouldn't consider using anything other than straight grain for a handle unless it was to be wrap less and then it would be cored and just as figured as the rest of the cue. 12-13.5 inch is not long enough for handle wood. I use shaft wood that don't measure up for joint deco-rings and Birdseye and Curly that don't measure up for butt size deco rings. I'd say I've acquired enough over the years for a few thousand deco-rings. It was nice of Dave to give a heads-up on a bargain but a bargain is only a bargain if you can use it. Years ago when I first started building cues I bought an awfully lot of exotic wood, sight unseen, at discount prices building up my inventory. I wasted many hundreds of dollars doing this. I've still got hundreds of these that were so bland as they just weren't worth, figure wise, building a cue out of. For the last 10 years I've bought very little that I haven't got to see first.
Dick