Marlon Manalo

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyboby know what happened to Marlon Manalo? I liked watching this guy play but he seems to have dissappeared.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyboby know what happened to Marlon Manalo? I liked watching this guy play but he seems to have dissappeared.

I always viewed Marlon as an independent. When we would go to various pool tournaments, most of the Filipino contingency would hang together, playing chess games, going out to eat at an Asian restaurant, et cetera, but Marlon always seemed to be the lone soldier, not hanging out with anybody.

I do remember Marlon telling me that before he ventured onto the American tournament trail in the mid 2000s, he used to own a pool room in Philippines *and* he plays snooker quite well, winning a few snooker tournaments. He sure is a very nice person with a pleasant demeanor.

Here's a couple photos I have in my album of Marlon that he graciously allowed me to snap. I think both of these were taken at the Turning Stone in 2004. :smile:

Attachments

• Marlon and Keith.JPG
    Marlon and Keith.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 358

kaduku

Marlon Manalo has ventured into politics. He's been elected into whats locally called a barangay captain in his native Mandaluyong City. A barangay can be oft translated as a small village or district, but can also be a neighborhood.

I saw this once when I was watching an investigative reporting show here in Manila. I suppose his administrative responsibilities is taking much of his time. :D