Maryland 14.1 State Championship

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Does anyone know if there will be a State Championship this year? Usually by now Peter Burrows has announced the date and the venue!

Wedge
 
Well

I was hopeful that a venue was chosen and a date set! I assume that Top Hat has not chose to host it for this year. Pretty sure that Big Daddy's in Glen Burnie nor Champion's in Frederick are hosting it so I guess one of the most prestigious 14.1 tournaments in the US is not going to continue...very sad!!!

Wedge
 
Last edited:
Call Rick over at Big Daddy's. He is in the know and prob would be best person to talk to cause that is his game and he either hosts or plays in it just about every year. Yall could contact him thru AZ as well, his I'd is LEVI
 
Hey Wedge how's it going brother? Listen btw in a couple months I'll be heading up to Pittsburg again and im gonna except your invitation and stop by and see ya in Frederick and knock some around with you - either on the way up or on way back. I'll hit ya up a week or two in advance so we can iron out the details.
 
Cool

Hey Wedge how's it going brother? Listen btw in a couple months I'll be heading up to Pittsburg again and im gonna except your invitation and stop by and see ya in Frederick and knock some around with you - either on the way up or on way back. I'll hit ya up a week or two in advance so we can iron out the details.

Look forward to it! I did talk to Rick as well as the owner of Champions...they also have heard zip!

Wedge
 
Wedge, I just thought of this too - you could prob try contacting Curtis ( inside_English) as he is a wealth of information when it comes to these types of events. He may not have seen this post cause I dont think he comes on here that often anymore so best bet is a pm I'd say.
 
Look forward to it! I did talk to Rick as well as the owner of Champions...they also have heard zip!

Wedge
Yeah if thats the case it is sad indeed. Just a couple years ago Daddy's was hosting it and it was an AWESOME event. Jeanette Lee was there as was a bunch of other pros, it truly was a great event. Oh well guess we will just have to keep our fingers crossed.
 
CreeDo

He seems to have a relationship with Top Hat. Perhaps he knows if they are hosting it or or not because of the added money!
 
They just changed their website a few weeks ago. It is not updated yet but the old site said "new site & updates coming soon." We'll just have to wait & see, I'm almost positive there will be a tournament this year.


http://www.mdstraightpool.com/
 
Back
Top