Master Chalk Colours

carl.j

Hey y'all

Seeking some clarity from experienced members of the community. Not sure if this was sited for the Main Forum so posted here instead.

I recently purchased a dozen of Master chalk in Forest Green and another in what I thought to be Spruce. However, upon reviewing both they appear to be exactly the same colour. For fear of realising I might be a little colour blind, can anyone confirm if they are indeed one and the same colour with different names or completely separate? Had a poke around the Tweeten website but sadly there's not much detail on there.

The image below is unfiltered and in natural light. Spruce on the left and Forest Green on the right.

Looking forward to seeing your responses.

IMG_6550.jpg

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's difficult to tell since the lighting is not uniform. I color tested in Photoshop and there is no significant difference in the RGB values between the two sets.

I briefly looked around at websites selling chalk, and surprisingly, there are only a few that show a picture of Forrest Green and Spruce. Again, the pictures are not top-quality product photography, so sometimes there appear to be a difference and sometimes not. Too bad the Tweeten website does not show all available colors. I'd contact them and ask.

PS-Amazon shows both colors and they visually appear different. However, the shots are very over-exposed. When I standardized the exposure and tweaked the highlights, they appeared to be about the same to the eye.

carl.j

It's difficult to tell since the lighting is not uniform. I color tested in Photoshop and there is no significant difference in the RGB values between the two sets.

I briefly looked around at websites selling chalk, and surprisingly, there are only a few that show a picture of Forrest Green and Spruce. Again, the pictures are not top-quality product photography, so sometimes there appear to be a difference and sometimes not. Too bad the Tweeten website does not show all available colors. I'd contact them and ask.

PS-Amazon shows both colors and they visually appear different. However, the shots are very over-exposed. When I standardized the exposure and tweaked the highlights, they appeared to be about the same to the eye.
Thanks for going so far as to check in Photoshop!

You're spot on about the imagery on the various websites that are out there.

Have sent an email to Tweeten, so hopefully they can clear things up.

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've found that some sites have different names for the same color of chalk.

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
The web site only says "Available in Blue, Green, Gray, Red, Rust, Gold, Black and Brown."
But based on the Catalog on their web site these are the color choices. The catalog does say 2018 so....?

1610905536286.png

carl.j

Thanks all. I heard back from Tweeten who were apologetic about some of the confusion created by some retailers about colours that are similar to each other.