Both of the leagues I play in each have master player designations, the VNEA and the ISPA (used to be BCA in Iowa, now an independent league). In fact, the ISPA even has an elite masters division. I don't remember if that's a carryover from BCA or not.
I am on these lists, and I wonder if other women run into the same problems that I do. I would love to play in more tournaments, but there are very few women's events. In order to play with the men, I am usually not allowed to play in the open division, even though I can't be competitive with the men in the masters division. Therefore, I have played myself into a black hole.
What I'm wondering is, how do TDs who run amateur events throughout the country handle this? Does the "no masters" designation extend to women who want to play in open (IE mostly men) events?
Thanks,
Karla
I am on these lists, and I wonder if other women run into the same problems that I do. I would love to play in more tournaments, but there are very few women's events. In order to play with the men, I am usually not allowed to play in the open division, even though I can't be competitive with the men in the masters division. Therefore, I have played myself into a black hole.
What I'm wondering is, how do TDs who run amateur events throughout the country handle this? Does the "no masters" designation extend to women who want to play in open (IE mostly men) events?
Thanks,
Karla