Masters, triangle chalk becoming outdated

Grimper

My wife use to buy $30 hand bags from Kohl's every three months not because they went out of style but because they broke. I was tired of hearing her complain. I took her to the Coach store and buy her a $200 bag it lasted 2 years. Needless to say she don't buy cheap stuff no more.
Be very, very careful. Mine's worked up to Louis Vuitton now.

Grimper

I agree with the sentiment, had you compared a new RR to a 1974 Pinto. Pintos were disappointing car enthusiasts model years 1971-1980.
Yea, probably wasn't the very best comparison I could come up with. I'm just sick to death of hearing people bitch about how other people spend their own money.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About 11 years ago, a purchased a carton (25 boxes - 50 pieces) of Blue Diamond Chalk on eBay for under $90.
I’ll never have to buy chalk again
Instead if you have bought a gross of Masters, you would have saved $70 and had 3× the number of cubes--
enough to leave on at the table every time you went out to play.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Be very, very careful. Mine's worked up to Louis Vuitton now.
Don’t worry, that ain’t shit. Just wait the Hermes is next. Then you’ll feel it.

It’s a natural evolution like cues. Starts with some swap meet pos, then the innocent McDermot, then the schon, well a SW can’t be bad-right? Then the simple but elegant tascerlla then the Szam’s start to accumulate.

It’s just the course of nature.

😂😂💪

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About 11 years ago, a purchased a carton (25 boxes - 50 pieces) of Blue Diamond Chalk on eBay for under $90.
I’ll never have to buy chalk again and I still have 8 boxes (16 pieces) remaining. Along the way, I acquired boxes
of premium grade chalks but always returned to using BD. It plays clean and since I chalk lightly every shot, it
plays just as well as chalk costing $20-$25 a cube. I just can’t see paying that much for any chalk when there
are so many other alternative brands. Sure BD also costs more than say Masters but it’s a lot more reasonably
priced than the brands being highly touted. When a single piece of chalk costs as much, or even more, as you
spend for a tip and your cue’s tip is way more important than any chalk brand you use, something seems wacky.
Nonetheless, as long as you don’t lose your premium chalk & chalk properly, then buying a couple pieces a year
of Taom or some other brand seems reasonable because if that makes you happier, then it’s all that really matters.
Sorry to hear that about the Blue Diamond. I really like your posts and like you. But really Blue Diamond? Ugh. It makes my hands sticky.

I do agree about buying for the future. When J&J decided that it was cancerous I bought enough to last longer than me. I like that powder the best.

Best
Fatboy 😃😃