AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kind of silly
Emily Frazer says otherwise!

emily.jpg

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s clear with their wildcard player selections that Matchroom is more concerned with maximizing their exposure for this event than attempting to reward the best performing players over the past year to represent their teams. Bottom line - it’s their event and they make the rules / run the show / select the players. Don’t like it, too bad.
I agree but I’m totally good with it. A made for television event to bring in a few more eyes can’t hurt the game. We need the Tik Tok crowd to see Earle in full batshit crazy mode so we can get a zillion likes. It’s just an exhibition anyway, right?

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree but I’m totally good with it. A made for television event to bring in a few more eyes can’t hurt the game. We need the Tik Tok crowd to see Earle in full batshit crazy mode so we can get a zillion likes. It’s just an exhibition anyway, right?
It's not an exhibition to the players I assure you. I have never once heard anyone that has played in the Mosconi cup say it was just an exhibition. They see it as some of the most intense pool around.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matchroom/Emily care about "the show" much more than about the integrity of the game. It's about filling seats and getting viewers.
I understand that.
But it's a catch 22: Matchroom has to change the standards to create interest in their tourneys, and many traditionalists- myself included- don't like this.
It is what it is though, and it's our option whether to watch their productions or not.

And, for the record, Earl wouldn't be on my team ANY year. He's been given enough air-time on the team in past years.
He is the ultimate troll, I have zero respect for him. Apparently he must NEVER miss when he plays by himself, because he always seems to blame others for his errors.
Joey Tate would've been a MUCH better choice.

seats are filled before all the picks are announced, usually only a few resale tickets available at this time. more viewers, maybe, he is still a big name. i agree with the rest, his antics aren't entertaining in any way.

they could make all spots merit based. now it's 3 out of 5 but why not the lot?

Baby Huey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl just might make everyone play great. He has game for an old geezer AND guanteed he'll be in stroke.

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member
Earl is more than capable. He's been through more on a pool table than all the participants
combined, and back again. He's the poster child for " Until You've Walked A Mile In My Shoes"
He has enough mouth and mental instability to take Europe out of their game and tilt them like
the Leaning Tower Of Pisa.

It's the alternative to that joke of bringing in the Navy Seals. Most shows need a hook and this is no different.
Matchroom has the pool world at the edge of their seats on Drama alert and the coin is yet to be flipped.
It's sales 101 at it's finest, everyone foaming at the mouth waiting on who was the last pick for the U.S.

Earl Strickland,,,, the most dynamic, raw, natural player, is coming to a theater near you.