MD 14.1 Update?

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
congrats to zion. My invitation must be lost in the mail. Lol.

hey steve first of all i would like peter to make this a double elimination bracket system and next year is this happens i promise to have nick varner there for the event.as far as zion goes i dont have to go out on a limb about this guy he is a machine.as for him personally he is a piece of shit and anybody that wants to call me out or him himself on it i will be glad to meet them face to face bring an ambulance because i like my odds fighting against anybody.he showed up 30 minutes late even after the late start then he took a 20 minute break on his shot and thats ok except he was stalling.then he took a 10 minute break on my turn which was unexcusable.i was losing this match much of the way put up a couple of numbers and took the lead 116-90 after he scratched he took another break on my turn for 10 minutes and had to wait on him after talking to rich he said to wait on him instead of shooting without him around watching me finish the match.he should have been disqualified at that point or maybe i should have just swept the balls down the table and put my stick away for the next match as i was thinking he conseeded the match he wanted me to finish the open table.so i had to make 1 touch shot and then spin a tight shot and i missed the shot as he got up from his seat wiping his hands with a bathroom towel.what would anybody else have done after thse shark moves.like i said already i might have been upset and maybe still am i should have made the shot but i thought he may have already quit the match.i would have advanced the final 4 if i had won that match and not forfeited my match to hodan since i could not advance after zion beat hunter.

J

Jody C

Congrats to Steve on a fine showing in a tough tournament. AND YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE to beat the winner of the tournament, again. You are always a pleasure to watch play, and learn from. And of course a fine ambassador for 14.1. Keep up the good work.

cuestick55

Registered
Great tournament

First of all - thanks to Peter Burrows for running a great tourament. I love the fact that straight pool isn't dead and that there are people committed to keeping it alive.
I was most pleased that I was able to make the round of 16 on Sunday. My first match was against Shaun Wilkie and I upset him 100-95. That set the tone for me as I was able to win 3 matches on Saturday. I found Saturday's action so draining mentally and physically - that I came back on Sunday and couldn't hit the side of a barn door. Just wonder if other players experience this and how they combat the fatigue factor. Now - I have very little experience against top talent - and it seemed I was just not ready to play on Sunday - or maybe I was just satisfied at what I'd already accomplished. I was drained, exhausted and lacked focus. Other than that - everything was perfect. What do other players have to say about this? I know I can play a lot better than what I showed on Sunday - so that was disappointing to me. Furthermore - Maidoff and Daya both gave me some opportunities - so if I could have just seized them - they might have had to sweat a little.
To Steve Lipsky - appreciate your thorough professionalism during these events. It is noticed - and I thank you. I overheard your comments about table 16 - new simonis cloth caused a lot of skid and pockets that were forgiving made the table a bit too easy. Other than that the tables were in great shape, and the playing conditions were fine.
Thanks again to Peter Burrows! And thanks to Jeanette Lee for her support and keeping hope alive for this time-honored game.

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oops... haha I see your avatar now. Yes, there's a "Rich R" who posts here as well who I see at this tournament every year. Sorry for the mixup!

- Steve

Steve, we look forward to seeing you each year and sweating your matches. We are already looking forward to seeing you next year. :grin: