Measure your shotmaking level

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PS, if anyone claims these shots are easy (as you say some people might in your video), then those players are bangers. Even a C player knows these shots are super tough.

Four or five of the shots are easy compared to the others but ANYONE that considers the drill as a whole .... easy umm, well is full of chit as I doubt even Dennis or Alex would say it's an easy drill.

To me, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 and 24 are relatively easy on a good day.

To me, 8, 11, 15, and 19 and mid-level of hardness compared to rest of drill....lol.... on a good day.

Now, OMG......9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 and 18 are the shots from hell....lol... even on good days.

There is a reason most avoid this drill and others like it.

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scored 12, then 14 points. Nice drill. I see what angles are harder for me, I have to work on them.

Thanks for video.

Sharivari

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for your feedback. To me the problem is the cueball on the rail. Thats one of my big weaknesses. But doing the drill on a regular basis helped me already.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for your feedback. To me the problem is the cueball on the rail. Thats one of my big weaknesses. But doing the drill on a regular basis helped me already.

Yes, this drill helped my off-the-rail shots when I did it on a regular basis (once a week for an hour or so). Made a big difference.

Around the world drill is not widely known or used in US. Going from the responses, it needs to be used in the worst way.

Rake

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Good stuff here, but it's not harder than it looks --- it looks extremely difficult.

I think anyone scoring 15 or more would qualify as a very fine shooter.

Thanks for sharing.

LowRight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tried this out on my 9-foot Diamond Pro with 4-1/2 inch pockets and scored 11. Shooting off of the rail is the weakest part of my game. I think working this drill will help with that. Thanks for sharing!!

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been doing this drill for the past few days and the best I can muster is 11. I started out today with one where I made the first 3 shots and then the wheels just feel off. Good exercise though! I do wish my nose cushion height was around 1 - 7/16". I'm over that height by about a 1/16" and boy that really makes the rail shots tough when you can't get good meat on the CB without jacking the butt of the cue way up in the air.