Mechanic In Frisco Area

dougster26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My son will be buying a house within 50 miles of San Francisco. There's a house near Fairfield that he and his wife are looking at. There is a room big enough for a table. He called me looking for recommendation. I said I would ask on this site to try and find a mechanic. He also needs to find a table. Remember, he doesn't have the house yet.

Anyone have any recommendations for a mechanic in the area?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
My son will be buying a house within 50 miles of San Francisco. There's a house near Fairfield that he and his wife are looking at. There is a room big enough for a table. He called me looking for recommendation. I said I would ask on this site to try and find a mechanic. He also needs to find a table. Remember, he doesn't have the house yet.

Anyone have any recommendations for a mechanic in the area?

So, let me understand this, he don't have a house yet, and he don't have a pool table yet either, but is looking for a pool table mechanic in the area, for sometime in the future, right?

dougster26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, let me understand this, he don't have a house yet, and he don't have a pool table yet either, but is looking for a pool table mechanic in the area, for sometime in the future, right?

That is correct. He is close to closing and he will have a table. You can look at this as preparation in advance. Just looking for a name so he knows who to contact when the time comes. Jay set mine up but it's a little far to travel.
When he gets the house and finds a table, he'll be looking for a mechanic to set it up. Any help would be appreciated.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
That is correct. He is close to closing and he will have a table. You can look at this as preparation in advance. Just looking for a name so he knows who to contact when the time comes. Jay set mine up but it's a little far to travel.
When he gets the house and finds a table, he'll be looking for a mechanic to set it up. Any help would be appreciated.

I know Jay well. What kind of table is your son looking to get? I can help with both, table and mechanic if needed.

dougster26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know Jay well. What kind of table is your son looking to get? I can help with both, table and mechanic if needed.

Now, this is what I was looking for. He grew up playing on a GCIII. He is looking to hold cost down so he would be looking for a good used table as opposed to new. Mine was from a World 14:1 tournament in the very early 80's (from what I understand) and is in great shape. I had Jay replace the rails when he set it up. I took them to his place in NH ahead of time. Back to your question. I told him I would recommend either a GCIII or IV or a Diamond. It's up to him based on what he can find or be helped finding.

I told him that I would post here to try and help him out so that he has a name to contact. Thanks again.

dougster26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just let me know when, and I'll take it from there.

Glen

Glen,

My son should be moving in to his house within 10 to 15 days.

He is interested in a used Diamond Pro-Am, rosewood color. Area would be on the ground floor. If you can help, I would like to arrange communications between him and you rather than do this 3-way.

Thanks Glen, Doug

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Glen,

My son should be moving in to his house within 10 to 15 days.

He is interested in a used Diamond Pro-Am, rosewood color. Area would be on the ground floor. If you can help, I would like to arrange communications between him and you rather than do this 3-way.

Thanks Glen, Doug

You're talking 9ft ProAm right?

dougster26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You do know that finding a used 9ft ProAm is like looking for a needle in a haystack , an you don't even know where the haystack is to start looking, right?

I figured that this might be a little difficult but thought it was worth a shot. I told him he'd be better off trying to find a good GC III or IV but he and his wife liked the looks of a Diamond table. I don't know what his budget is for a table but I guess we'll find out. That's why I'd like you guys to communicate. Based on your recommendations and expertise you might be able to set him onto something or make him realize, as you said, that he might not be able to find what he wants.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I figured that this might be a little difficult but thought it was worth a shot. I told him he'd be better off trying to find a good GC III or IV but he and his wife liked the looks of a Diamond table. I don't know what his budget is for a table but I guess we'll find out. That's why I'd like you guys to communicate. Based on your recommendations and expertise you might be able to set him onto something or make him realize, as you said, that he might not be able to find what he wants.

Tell him to give me a call, 702-927-5689