Memorial Day

Cuedup

Divorce Court
No doubt but we fight our own battles in divorce court.

And this country doesn't give two turds about vets. If it did we wouldn't need private charities like Wounded Warriors.

Cuedup

So according to you we shouldn't have been in World War ll
I'm certainly not surprised that is your takeaway. Sure ,find a WW2 vet and thank them for saving your freedom.

Thanking a Gulf War vet for fighting for your freedom is a result of propaganda. The wars of the past decades ,the majority of living vets, were political excursions designed to feed the wealthy rather than defend the ideals and freedom of Americans. It's a huge disservice to our vets , which we treat horribly after they are no longer useful for feeding the machine.

That should be your takeaway.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
I'm certainly not surprised that is your takeaway. Sure ,find a WW2 vet and thank them for saving your freedom.

Thanking a Gulf War vet for fighting for your freedom is a result of propaganda. The wars of the past decades ,the majority of living vets, were political excursions designed to feed the wealthy rather than defend the ideals and freedom of Americans. It's a huge disservice to our vets , which we treat horribly after they are no longer useful for feeding the machine.

Thanks to the vets and those who gave all.

The past wars since WW2 have definitely just been propaganda and pretty much liberating brown folks from oil. Destroy it and build back, it's just a coincidence that your buddy owns the construction company doing so.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Take your debate about war to NPR
If you cant respect and praise our fallen military
Go sonewhere else
?

I respect our veterans, both fallen and the ones still alive. I respect vets regardless of what war they participated in. They served and as we all know you don't really get to pick your battles. You go where they tell you. As a country our ruling class keeps us in wars that are pretty meaningless except for a way to extract wealth. That isn't a slight to service men and women in any way.

Basically my hot take is "F" the ones making the wars but I'm thankful for those who served.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Remember that Freedom isn’t free! Please take a minute to remember all those who died so that we can be free!
Name the last war fought for "freedom".
?

I respect our veterans, both fallen and the ones still alive. I respect vets regardless of what war they participated in. They served and as we all know you don't really get to pick your battles. You go where they tell you. As a country our ruling class keeps us in wars that are pretty meaningless except for a way to extract wealth. That isn't a slight to service men and women in any way.

Basically my hot take is "F" the ones making the wars but I'm thankful for those who served.
boogieman
the op started a thread to pay hommage to our military men who died
that was the main point of his post (imo)
cuedup then made what to me was a remark that was a slur to the main gist of the first post
his remark whether you believe it or not whether true or not
in my opinion was out of line based on the main gist of this thread
the main gist of the first post and the purpose of memorial day
is to
" Please take a minute to remember all those who died so that we can be free!"
again if someone wants to believe that we are not free because of the service of our military
they are entitled to their opinion
our country gives everyone the freedom of speech and there is a forum called NPR where non pool related topics can be discussed
i did not feel that on memorial day his comment was warranted in this thread and the discussion it started i felt seemed to me to be sending this thread down a bad road
hence my post #13
Go somewhere else
i hope i answered any question you may have had and where my posts were coming from

mfinkelstein3

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cuedup:

May I ask if you have served in the military?

My intent here is not to start a pissing contest but to better understand where you are coming from. If this question is offensive to you, please just ignore it. Thank you in advance.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Tell that to the people I met in Kuwait after kicking Saddam Hussein's thugs out in 1991…

You can debate the reason that we were over there but make no mistake, to them it was all about freedom!

Cuedup

Cuedup:

May I ask if you have served in the military?

My intent here is not to start a pissing contest but to better understand where you are coming from. If this question is offensive to you, please just ignore it. Thank you in advance.
I'm not sure of the intent and to be honest I don't think the answer is relevant to any points of my post.

My brother served and I saw how he was treated after sacrificing his health after disposing stockpiles of chemical weapons on Johnston Atoll.

My buddy Mark was hit in the head by shrapnel on a mission looking for that Bergdahl fellow. My feelings are that he was a far more important person as a father, husband, son and friend than anything we accomplished over there.

No. I never served.

Cuedup

I respect the vets that have been hoodwinked into fighting wars for others political gains.

I'll also point out empty bullshit that might be likely to encourage others to sign up for the ultimate sacrifice for nothing more than the profit of others.

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
boogieman
the op started a thread to pay hommage to our military men who died
that was the main point of his post (imo)
cuedup then made what to me was a remark that was a slur to the main gist of the first post
his remark whether you believe it or not whether true or not
in my opinion was out of line based on the main gist of this thread
the main gist of the first post and the purpose of memorial day
is to
" Please take a minute to remember all those who died so that we can be free!"
again if someone wants to believe that we are not free because of the service of our military
they are entitled to their opinion
our country gives everyone the freedom of speech and there is a forum called NPR where non pool related topics can be discussed
i did not feel that on memorial day his comment was warranted in this thread and the discussion it started i felt seemed to me to be sending this thread down a bad road
hence my post #13
Go somewhere else
i hope i answered any question you may have had and where my posts were coming from

Larry,

I think that the question Cuedup raised can be posed in a perfectly patriotic spirit. It isn't disrespectful to those who served in our military to wonder about the value of some of the wars our politicians have chosen to wage. On the contrary, I count it as one of our civic duties to question the value of any war waged "on our behalf", in large part to protect those who are willing to sacrifice themselves in defense of our freedom. I'm a bit taken aback by your reaction.

Your friend,

Lou