Metro-ATLANTA billiard room for Straight Pool

LifeAt35mm

Registered
All,

I am looking for a billiard room in metro atlanta with counters on the table. I have been to Mr Cues II but there are no counters there. Of course I could use a piece of paper but I was hoping to find a place that caters to straight pool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 
Most any self respecting pool room should have string bead counters,,,,,,,old school, but still the best.
 
All,

I am looking for a billiard room in metro atlanta with counters on the table. I have been to Mr Cues II but there are no counters there. Of course I could use a piece of paper but I was hoping to find a place that caters to straight pool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There are two tables at Marietta Billiard Club that have 50pt bead counters over top of the tables. There used to be a 14.1 league there on Wednesdays a little over a year ago, but I haven't heard about it starting back up.

Why not just use a digital 14.1 score keeper on your phone? I have Billiards Buddy and Billiard Counter as I recall they are both free apps.

When I moved to the Atlanta area a year and a half ago, I was surprised at how few people play 14.1 and bank pool. I rarely see people playing one pocket.

Mostly I play at home and venture out for a few tournaments a year.
 
There's an App for That

I guess I have to use an app but I like the feel of using string counter and the built in table counter. Reminds me of shooting pool in college back in Statesboro, Ga and Nashville, TN. I may try Marietta Billiards.

Thanks
 
i'm at MBC a couple of times per week....there is always a 1 pck game going......also, i was in the 14.1 league (i prefer the old name, "straight pool) and would be interested in the new one forming if anyone knows anything about it.......never got too good at it but would like to try again.
 
Back
Top