meucci cues

johnqbs

john@qbs
Silver Member
I have been looking at cues on ebay. Got to the meucci and there was a few marked seconds. Whats going on, have I missed something?
Would Meucci cue let second rate cues on the market?
Will some one bring me up to date? Thanks, john

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They let inferior cues sell every day, and unfortunately not all of them have been marked as factory 2nd. If I had it all to do over again, there are about 6 Meucci cues I would've skipped buying and I would've gone straight to customs. I can't even stand trying to shoot with what used to be my main player after I received a custom I had built. The closest thing I can relate it to is my car... a few years back my mustang was putting down 400hp/400tq at the wheels and I thought it was fun to drive. My friend let me drive his new (at the time) Viper and it made my car feel like a toy.

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
Meucci quality

I have been looking at cues on ebay. Got to the meucci and there was a few marked seconds. Whats going on, have I missed something?

Meucci made very nice cues from 1974 to 1989. Not so much since then...

Donny L
PBIA/ACS Instructor
Gainesville, Fl

J-Flo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
factory 2nd

I took a chance and got one for $137 shipped. Ill post a review later

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are not bad if you don't mind uneven points, varying thickness on veneers, etc. It's really just cosmetic quality that is sub-par on a Meucci factory 2nd. They are all built more or less the same. 2 of my friends have them and they play like any other (recent years) Meucci I have shot with.

Tim

Meucci

I believe they mark them seconds so someone doesn't buy one inexpensively and send it back to the factory to fix the problem that made it a 2nd.

johnqbs

john@qbs
Silver Member
Thanks for all the replies they was helpful. All the input was in line with what I was thinking. The reason I wanted to know about Meucci is that
I had a few of them late 70s and 80s . I am looking at the HOF-1 it has the old look. I owned 2 like it about the mid 80s don't think they was called
HOF then. No matter how many old cues or cars I own I will never be 18
again. Thanks for all the replies. john

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes they would. if you want a good cue avoid getting a meucci

OneIron

On the snap, Vinny!
Silver Member
I have a Meucci Original that looks like new and plays great. A friend of mine asked me to look at their relatively new Meucci Cameo cue. One of the black dot shafts made a "ting" sound. I put the shaft on another Meucci and got the same thing. I then twisted the ferrule and it came off the tenon! Had a really strange shaped tenon with horizontal grooves, not threaded, and had a capped ferrule with no glue relief hole. The glue on the tenon was almost non-existent.

I used 5 minute epoxy and replaced the ferrule. It now hits solid. I'm thinking this was probably a $700 cue. Vey poor QC. :frown: