Mezz break cues and Deep Impact shaft - Feedback please

cbi1000

It is what it is...
Silver Member
I'm thinking about getting the Mezz break cue #1. It comes with a DI shaft. I'm looking for some feedback on these cues. Are the shafts stiff? Are the tips nickel, dime, or quarter shaped? How is the balance? How is the quality of the cue?

thanks,

cbi
 
anything

Anything from anyone? These might not be that good if no one has anything to say about them.....
 
I've owned one for about half a year now and I'm very happy with it.
I don't have much experience with other break cues but it's a bit on the heavy side compared to for instance an Oliver Stopps.
The shaft is pretty stiff; I dislike the geeky jumpsticks but when I have no other alternative I can use my Mezz to jump a full ball about a half a feet away. (then again, I'm not the best jumper)
The tip is made out of pressed Ingot and provides a hard hit, but in combination with the shaft has great feedback and powerful 'drive'.
I don't own US change :) but the tip is rather 'square' and without some type of sanding holds very little chalk. But even on an off center hit it's very powerful. check Mezz' website: http://www.mezzcues.us/breakcue/powerbreak/index.html

Dutch pro Huidji See owns one aswell. He appeared in this year's DCC and finished 2nd in last years World straight pool championship, but that's not because of his break cue I'm sure :p

IMO the cue is the best along with the predator BK2 (although it looks awful) and the x-breaker.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top