mezz characteristics

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
The shafts are solid maple, not laminated. IMO, they feel better. The technology/technique they use to acheive low deflection is a little different, too. Both lighten the tip end weight, but they go about it different ways. Coming from a cuemaking background, I give the edge to Mezz in that dept. as well.

Mezz uses a carbon fiber core through a solid, high grade, maple shaft to create a shaft that is stable & straight while offering low deflection.

Predator laminates several pieces of maple in a pie shape to create the stable straight shaft. For low deflection they bore a hole deep into the tip end of the shaft & fill it with vibration dampening foam.

That's the differences between the two. As for what's for you, you'll need to try it out for yourself & see. Personally, i'm a Mezz fan. IMO, they have it figured out & are a bit ahead of Predator. I'm not saying Predator is not good. They are just fine. I'm just saying from a cuemaking perspective, Mezz is ahead of them.

TheThaiger

Banned
I can't decide between a Pred & Mezz SP, and neither can I test either out - opinions on which is better appreciated (with the usual caveats about personal preference, of course).

icem3n

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The shafts are solid maple, not laminated. IMO, they feel better. The technology/technique they use to acheive low deflection is a little different, too. Both lighten the tip end weight, but they go about it different ways. Coming from a cuemaking background, I give the edge to Mezz in that dept. as well.

Mezz uses a carbon fiber core through a solid, high grade, maple shaft to create a shaft that is stable & straight while offering low deflection.

Predator laminates several pieces of maple in a pie shape to create the stable straight shaft. For low deflection they bore a hole deep into the tip end of the shaft & fill it with vibration dampening foam.

That's the differences between the two. As for what's for you, you'll need to try it out for yourself & see. Personally, i'm a Mezz fan. IMO, they have it figured out & are a bit ahead of Predator. I'm not saying Predator is not good. They are just fine. I'm just saying from a cuemaking perspective, Mezz is ahead of them.

I would have said the same thing. :D