Mezz vs Schon - cue tapers

nibrobus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking at possibly picking up a Mezz cue and was wondering how they compare to Schon in terms of shaft and butt tapers. I was specifically interested in the WD700 shaft. Is the butt taper thicker/thinner in the handle area than Schon, longer or shorter taper on the shaft, etc.? Thanks for the help!

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking at possibly picking up a Mezz cue and was wondering how they compare to Schon in terms of shaft and butt tapers. I was specifically interested in the WD700 shaft. Is the butt taper thicker/thinner in the handle area than Schon, longer or shorter taper on the shaft, etc.? Thanks for the help!

i don't have my mezz in the house right now but i do have my wd700 shaft. if you want i can take some measurements for you.

if i'm remembering right i'd say that mezz cues are similar but might be a hair thicker in the handle area. i've got butt measurements written down if you're interested

nibrobus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No need to write down measurements, just wanted to know how they generally compare with each other. Thanks for the offer though I appreciate it.

nibrobus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cool man that'd be great! You can PM me or post them here - thanks for taking the time.