Mezz vs Schon

danbjellos

Registered
I am torn between a Mezz w/ a WD700 and a schon W/ standard shaft. Both are in the 700.00 range. I have never hit with either, was interested in my fellow AZ'ers opinion. Thanks in advance!!!

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never played with a Mezz, but have heard good things about them. I have played alot of top production cues as well as very good customs, none of which I would give up my Schon for. JMO,,,,,,,

dgem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you like to have a low deflection shaft which has solid feel go with Mezz. If you like with standard hit with normal deflection go with Schon..=)

Rivhardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love Schons and would never give up my cue. I would like to try a Mezz based on all the positive feedback, but I just do not like their cue designs.

pinkspider

Crap user name, I know.
Silver Member
Mezz = good eg. of demanding Jap QC standards. Even the 'worst hitting' Mezz is pretty decent; materials and workmanship are top-notch. You'd be hard pressed to find a lemon.

Haven't tried a schon in a long while, so can't comment... but back then they had a really nice, unmistakable hard hit that's so easy to fall in love with.

u shld be able to fit an united joint wd700 on a schon butt from what i remember (but not the other way round), so that's another consideration.

Q77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have both a Mezz Z802 w/ the WD-700 shaft, and a Schon CX-16.

Oddly enough, I actually play with the Schon butt as I prefer it's balance point better, but with the the WD-700 shaft. The WD-700 has a great combination of a very solid hit, but with just enough LD properties.

neilhin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not even compare ... really?

They both have a stiff hit, similar balance points, similar joints, considered to be some of the highest quality production cues in their nations of origin and arguably used by more pros than any other production cue.

I have even found both makes to have a similar characteristic solid wood sound upon striking the cue ball.