Mike Bender Sneaky Pete - new addition to collection

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got this sneaky from a good friend in a trade.
From what i was told, Mike Bender made this from Davis blank. Came out great. There is no signature on the screw but, i am sure there is explanation why. I contacted Mr. Bender, waiting to hear if he can add anything to the story.
NOT FOR SALE.
Enjoy the photos guys.


DSC_0762.jpg


DSC_0775.jpg


DSC_0766.jpg


DSC_0765.jpg


DSC_0772.jpg
 
Mike didn't "sign" the pin because he did not make the blank. It's common for him to do that when converting a blank.
 
Mike didn't "sign" the pin because he did not make the blank. It's common for him to do that when converting a blank.

That is what i heard as well but, did not want to make wrong assumptions here.
But if there is no signature, how else can you tll it was made by him? Just curious.
Thank you for the info.
 
That is what i heard as well but, did not want to make wrong assumptions here.
But if there is no signature, how else can you tll it was made by him? Just curious.
Thank you for the info.

That looks like his pin....

No dog in this hunt....

Ken
 
That is what i heard as well but, did not want to make wrong assumptions here.
But if there is no signature, how else can you tll it was made by him? Just curious.
Thank you for the info.

Signature 3/8x14 pin, with a combination of silver R/R track rings are a give away...
 
Bender/Davis Cue

That is what i heard as well but, did not want to make wrong assumptions here.
But if there is no signature, how else can you tll it was made by him? Just curious.
Thank you for the info.

I was the first owner of this cue. It is a Mike Bender Cue made from a John Davis blank. I purchased it new from Martin at Superior Cues. I will attach my origional post when I had it for sale that should answer some of your questions about it. It is a great cue!


Derrick

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=204158
 
I was the first owner of this cue. It is a Mike Bender Cue made from a John Davis blank. I purchased it new from Martin at Superior Cues. I will attach my origional post when I had it for sale that should answer some of your questions about it. It is a great cue!


Derrick

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=204158

Thank you for the info Derrick. That is very useful. And yes, cue plays great, no questions.
I am very happy that i got it.
 
I just received reply from Mr. Bender. He confirmed that cue was built by him. And yes, he stated that he purposely does not sign cues that he did not build the blank on.
This is a sweet cue. A keeper for sure.
 
If it was the photo, the line wouldn't be dead nuts perfect. It's part of the assembly of the cue. Still a nice cue. I would certainly sport it

You are right. There is a phenolic ring between those 2 pieces. According to Bender, blank was slightly warped so, he diced to cut it and rework. Came out strait. After hearing it, i checked the butt and the shaft, both roll dead strait. And i i could be wrong but, that phenolic ring added to a stiff hit.
 
Back
Top