Mike Sigel @ Comet Billiards April 8-15

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know if there is a set schedule for this week or is it call up for an appointment? I would love to come up to see him play a match or even do an exhibition.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I spoke to Pat Fleming last night and Mike will be doing group lessons at $125 per hour for 4 people and individual lessons at $200 per hour. He will also be participating in the Accu-stat game show every Wednesday
and Friday. He apparently is now moving back to Rochester and will be doing more events at Comet as time goes on. Welcome back to your roots Captain Hook!

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
He apparently is now moving back to Rochester and will be doing more events at Comet as time goes on. Welcome back to your roots Captain Hook!

Yeah, Rochester will be a good place for Mike to recapture his dignity, as he'll have to cope with the ghost of one of his earliest influences, Irving Crane. The lethal-shooting Captain Hook was far more captivating than the arroagant jerk who chose to call himself "Mike the Mouth."

GG11

Kill the Bunny
Silver Member
Yeah, Rochester will be a good place for Mike to recapture his dignity, as he'll have to cope with the ghost of one of his earliest influences, Irving Crane. The lethal-shooting Captain Hook was far more captivating than the arroagant jerk who chose to call himself "Mike the Mouth."

SJM, do I sense a bit of animosity?!? lol

And just so you know I almost didn't reply to you as I'm mad you didn't take me to San Diego with you! :angry:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
And just so you know I almost didn't reply to you as I'm mad you didn't take me to San Diego with you! :angry:

It was an oversight, GG. I forgot to pack you in my hand luggage.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

KT decided to call him "The Mouth". Mike did not call himself that. KT's thinking was any publicity is good publicity was not accurate for Mike. He took it on the chin with the fans for sure and now that the IPT has become a huge failure, it is even worse. He was and always will be my favorite player.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Stu,

If you were:

1) A child prodigy who grew into one of the greatest players of all time

2) A 17 year old kid travelling around the country with ten's of thousands of someone elses money to bet

3) Devoid of intimate inter-personal contact for most of your formative young adult years

4) Win more professional titled pool tounaments than anyone in pool history

5) Marry a woman who helped lead him further down the wrong path that eventually destroyed his professional career

How would you (or me) have turned out?

As Mike mentioned to me last year, what else can I do? I play pool, period! I have great respect for you and your input on this forum but, please walk a mile in Mike's shoes. Even those of us who are somewhat "close" to him have come to understand "Mike the Mouth". Privately we long for "Captain Hook" as well.

Lyn

Chris_Lynch

I play pool
Silver Member
The straight pool match was 150-70 in favor of Sigel. No great runs during the match. Jim Gottier got a couple of bad rolls and Mike Sigel had a couple of good ones.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stu,

If you were:

2) A 17 year old kid travelling around the country with ten's of thousands of someone elses money to bet

3) Devoid of intimate inter-personal contact for most of your formative young adult years

5) Marry a woman who helped lead him further down the wrong path that eventually destroyed his professional career

As Mike mentioned to me last year, what else can I do? I play pool, period! I have great respect for you and your input on this forum but, please walk a mile in Mike's shoes. Even those of us who are somewhat "close" to him have come to understand "Mike the Mouth". Privately we long for "Captain Hook" as well.

Lyn

Lyn -

Thank you for your perspective. I wish people knew the real Mike as well. I do not know him as well as you, but he was always nice to me. I wish him well in Rochester.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Stu,

If you were:

Lyn

I met Mike in 1978 and I saw his entire career as a professional player up close. I never got to know him on more than a "hello basis," but know his story very well, and I was as big a Mike Sigel fan as anyone when he was a young player. Your perspective is appreciated, by my view remains that it's Mike "Captain Hook" Sigel that I admired the most.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Your perspective is appreciated, by my view remains that it's Mike "Captain Hook" Sigel that I admired the most.

There are too many posters here at AZ that don't know Mike as well as we do. I thought a brief history was necessary to give people just a smattering of who "Captain Hook" was.

Mike is really going through "sticker shock" right now. He remembers being World Champion. Most of the players at Classic Billiards there while Mike is practicing ask who he is! I'm pretty sure Mike could walk into most pool rooms today without his cue case and no one will know him. Tough for his ego.

Incidentally Stu, as you know, I respect your opinion greatly. Classic Billiards must be one of the few pool rooms in the country without a picture of Irving Crane. Coincindence, I doubt it!

Lyn

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
I met Mike in 1978 and I saw his entire career as a professional player up close. I never got to know him on more than a "hello basis," but know his story very well, and I was as big a Mike Sigel fan as anyone when he was a young player. Your perspective is appreciated, by my view remains that it's Mike "Captain Hook" Sigel that I admired the most.

Stu,

Just to stick my nose in here...

I think you both are sharing the same opinion of Mike Sigel.

Eric >nosy

ReneeS

Registered
Lyn
I must tell you I take a defense to what you say on line 5! First of all I did not lead Mike down any path, he made his own choices and I stuck by his decisions! He choose to retire and make cues, he choose to play for the IPT and I stuck by him, along with the mouth name which I opposed! The name came from the idea because Mike always found an EAR man and talk to them rather he knew you or not! Besides the fact HE TELLS GREAT STORIES! He has a real gift of gab! A blessing! I did not destroy his Prof. career, he has a gift and I stood beside him in all his decisions and PROUD of it! Besides if you really THINK about it, WHAT MORE could he have done playing he accomplished everything he wanted and there were no tournaments worth the money to play in! He will tell you that himself!
So next time you decide to say anything about me think twice about it.
Mike is an awsome man, a great father, with a beautiful gift and can do anything he puts his mind to! He has many talents! Our personal life is nobody's business. I accepted all of his decisions with an open mind and if anything helped him accomplish alot! I have great respect for him, and he will always be a True Champion! And I was proud to be his wife! Proud of him! No matter what others thought or said!

Stu,
If you were:

Lyn

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Lyn
I must tell you I take a defense to what you say on line 5! First of all I did not lead Mike down any path, he made his own choices and I stuck by his decisions! He choose to retire and make cues, he choose to play for the IPT and I stuck by him, along with the mouth name which I opposed! The name came from the idea because Mike always found an EAR man and talk to them rather he knew you or not! Besides the fact HE TELLS GREAT STORIES! He has a real gift of gab! A blessing! I did not destroy his Prof. career, he has a gift and I stood beside him in all his decisions and PROUD of it! Besides if you really THINK about it, WHAT MORE could he have done playing he accomplished everything he wanted and there were no tournaments worth the money to play in! He will tell you that himself!
So next time you decide to say anything about me think twice about it.
Mike is an awsome man, a great father, with a beautiful gift and can do anything he puts his mind to! He has many talents! Our personal life is nobody's business. I accepted all of his decisions with an open mind and if anything helped him accomplish alot! I have great respect for him, and he will always be a True Champion! And I was proud to be his wife! Proud of him! No matter what others thought or said!

I would send you REP but since this is your first post, you would probably never see it nor would you know what it was. :)

Instead, I would just like to say you have answered a fairly negative post with such class that I had to tell you that while I've never met you, I respect you as a person, a woman and a wife. For you see, in my eyes you are still his wife, well at least as far as the loyalty that a spouse is supposed to bring to the table.

Mike must have done some really great things in his family's life for you to make a post like that and I appreciate you speaking up for him and yourself.

JoeyA