Mike Stacey Custom Cue

pektusboy

Nervous at Hill Mountain
Silver Member
Hi i just want to know how is the hit compare to other custom cues..

it will be my first custom cue if ever

thanks

Brain71

Railbird
Silver Member
The hit of a Mike Stacey cue is very solid. A good hitting cue. The only problem with his cues are the butt is real slim and his shafts tend to deflect some. Not all of his shafts just a select few. The butt has always been an issue with me so that's why I don't play with one now. A good choice on a cue not to mention they are priced reasonably.

pektusboy

Nervous at Hill Mountain
Silver Member
so all of his cue butts are not the standard? all are slim?

i also considering bryan mordt his cues price reasonably..

Brain71

Railbird
Silver Member
Not talking bad about Mike Stacey cues bit if I had a choice Bryan Mordt is the way to go. I have had 2 of his cues and they are the nuts. The hit, fit and finish are first class. A truly under rated cue maker. But that's all personal prefference. Mike's cues play good but the butt is just too slim for me.

rellek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a really nice Tulipwood Stacey and it is anything but slim in the butt. In fact it is a little too big for my tastes and that is why I don't shoot with it anymore. It is a great hitting cue though, two really solid shafts. I wouldn't hesitate to get one of Mike's cues.

Last edited:

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Hi i just want to know how is the hit compare to other custom cues..

it will be my first custom cue if ever

thanks

my guess is you should talk to Mike about how big, or small you want the butt. His cues play pretty well in my opinion, probably have used 12 or so of them, though only owned one.

dafish1970

LQQK OUT
Silver Member
mikes cues are great...ive never gotta one directly from him...im on bcm email list im waiting to try one of his..but..try a cory barnhart best cue ive ever owned....

AP2ez

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a really nice Tulipwood Stacey and it is anything but slim in the butt. In fact it is a little too big for my tastes and that is why I don't shoot with it anymore. It is a great hitting cue though, two really solid shafts. I wouldn't hesitate to get one of Mike's cues.

Can you send me pictures of your Stacey? Are you interested in selling it?

Al 205-266-4059

rellek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AP2ez you can see some pics of it here. And yes it is up for sale, let me know if you are interested and I can fill you in on the details.

Curleyques

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You still have Stacey cue?

aparolla

The hit of a Mike Stacey cue is very solid. A good hitting cue. The only problem with his cues are the butt is real slim and his shafts tend to deflect some. Not all of his shafts just a select few. The butt has always been an issue with me so that's why I don't play with one now. A good choice on a cue not to mention they are priced reasonably.
My Stacy cue the butt is not slim at all but I used to have one of his cue with slim butt before.