Miscellaneous Stuff

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Willie Thorne Disconnected Phone

Snooker legend Willie Thorne 'has disconnected phone to save cash' after gambling away fortune

Bankrupt snooker legend Willie Thorne has revealed he is so broke his phone has been disconnected.

The 62-year-old star said he was "potless" after borrowing £1million to fund a gambling addiction.

He started betting heavily on the horses after his mother died in 2013 but now insists he has not gambled for two years.

TV pundit Willie, of Broughton Astley, Leicestershire, said: "I've no money to gamble with now.

"I feel totally ruined. I haven't got a car and I'm penniless. I've got no equity in the house and even the Sky TV has been cut off.

"I earn good money when I work but at this time of year there's no work.
The former Strictly Come Dancing contestant filed for bankruptcy last year with debts of £601,000,.

Willie has admitted that he has "no reasonable expectation of repaying".

But he hopes to earn enough when the snooker season restarts in the autumn to start paying back friends he owes cash to.

Thorne has admitted that he contemplated taking his own life over his debts.

He hid away in a hotel with a knife and was only rescued when wife Jill tracked him down and called the police.

Last year, in an interview with the Sunday Mirror, he bravely talked about his *addiction and how he owed £1million to people who loaned him money to gamble.
He insisted he had not placed a bet in three months. But he told how battling the condition left him suffering depression and insomnia.

He is also undergoing treatment for prostate cancer.

Fighting back tears as he told how his life had unravelled, Thorne told how things got so bad thugs even turned up at his home demanding £300,000 they claimed they were owed.

They later *threatened to cut off his wife’s fingers for her diamond rings if he didn’t pay up.

The couple had to clear their home of all their possessions, including Thorne’s sporting trophies, to prevent bailiffs from taking them – leaving only a bed, sofa and a chair behind.

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I read it .

Willie Thorne Disconnected Phone

Snooker legend Willie Thorne 'has disconnected phone to save cash' after gambling away fortune

Bankrupt snooker legend Willie Thorne has revealed he is so broke his phone has been disconnected.

The 62-year-old star said he was "potless" after borrowing £1million to fund a gambling addiction.

He started betting heavily on the horses after his mother died in 2013 but now insists he has not gambled for two years.

TV pundit Willie, of Broughton Astley, Leicestershire, said: "I've no money to gamble with now.

"I feel totally ruined. I haven't got a car and I'm penniless. I've got no equity in the house and even the Sky TV has been cut off.

"I earn good money when I work but at this time of year there's no work.
The former Strictly Come Dancing contestant filed for bankruptcy last year with debts of £601,000,.

Willie has admitted that he has "no reasonable expectation of repaying".

But he hopes to earn enough when the snooker season restarts in the autumn to start paying back friends he owes cash to.

Thorne has admitted that he contemplated taking his own life over his debts.

He hid away in a hotel with a knife and was only rescued when wife Jill tracked him down and called the police.

Last year, in an interview with the Sunday Mirror, he bravely talked about his *addiction and how he owed £1million to people who loaned him money to gamble.
He insisted he had not placed a bet in three months. But he told how battling the condition left him suffering depression and insomnia.

He is also undergoing treatment for prostate cancer.

Fighting back tears as he told how his life had unravelled, Thorne told how things got so bad thugs even turned up at his home demanding £300,000 they claimed they were owed.

They later *threatened to cut off his wife’s fingers for her diamond rings if he didn’t pay up.

The couple had to clear their home of all their possessions, including Thorne’s sporting trophies, to prevent bailiffs from taking them – leaving only a bed, sofa and a chair behind.

I like a bet but I keep the stakes low , that way when you lose , it don't hurt and I'd advise you all to do likewise , unless of course you got inside info on a dead cert lol ! :thumbup:

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bobbleheads : Johnny Archer !

It's alright , I'm not trying to sell anybody anything but what do you make of this and would you buy it ?

http://www.ebay.it/itm/1-6-scale-ST...re-Biliardo-/122138098394?hash=item1c6fff7ada

I meant to add this , good laugh , bit of an expensive laugh for me though lol ! :D

So this is what happened .

When I get a line up at the Bookies and if it's a good one , I like to treat myself to some memorabilia , doesn't happen too often and this time it just so happened that Johnny Archer had a Bobblehead collection for sale . I thought right ok , I can buy one , the horses came in .

I guessed it would cost me £30 for the Johnny Archer Bobblehead doll so I ordered one , it's Number 83 out of a 100 in the collection set .

I paid up front , cost a bit more than the £30 I thought , time passed , thought I think I've been conned here lol and in a way I was but not by Johnny archer but by the UK Royal Mail hahahaha !

UK Royal Mail sent me a letter and it's you have a parcel to collect but we have with held it back due to Import Tax Duty Excise .

To cut a long story short the Johnny Archer Bobblehead doll that I thought would cost me £30 odd turned into almost £60 adding in the UK Import Tax Duty fixed fees , I didn't know I'd have to pay that .

Careful what you buy Dude's , just a story I had to share and if you collect Billiard memorabilia I'd be interested to know what you've got in your collection .

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
English trophy named after Davis

http://www.sportinglife.com/snooker...sh-open-has-been-named-the-steve-davis-trophy

Higgins and Reardon honoured :

http://www.sportinglife.com/snooker...gins-and-ray-reardon-honoured-by-word-snooker

Scottish trophy named after Hendry :

http://www.sportinglife.com/snooker...ottish-open-trophy-named-after-stephen-hendry

Looks simple on paper , grab your cue , turn up to all 4 events , win them all , here's your trophies and the £1M bonus .

Somebody will do it one time , wonder who though ?