missing shots in the same direction

corpse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have noticed I tend to over cut shots where I am cutting the object ball to the right and tend to hit left cuts thick. I am extremely right eye dominate as I was born with lazy eye in the left eye. I have I have done the stroke tests and seem to have no trouble with those. Is it just an alignment issue? I used to play much more and never really noticed it being a problem. Especially notice it on soft shots.

Scott Lee

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
When you shoot softly cling between the CB and OB is more prevalent, which could cause the hitting too thick. Overcutting is likely a result of not being over your vision center. If you can get the CB to go uptable to the middle diamond and back to your tip, then your problems are more likely stroke related on these particular shots.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Missing to the left consistently thick when you are right eye dominant means you are not sighting the shot correctly through your vision centre. Your left eye is doing too much work if that makes sense.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=378397

Have a read of that thread I created on sighting. There is also a link in there from dr_dave to his vision centre resource page which will be highly beneficial to you.

It could also be an alignment issue that you have ingrained into your muscle memory due to improper sighting. Below is a link to stance and alignment advice. But first read the sighting thread as its more probable that is the issue.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=377747

I am assuming that you have a fairly consistent cue action and can more often than not hit where you intended on the white. Once you have checked your sighting, then your alignment it's time to set up some medium range straight in shots. The aim is to get the white ball to stop dead upon contact, no spin sideways forwards or backwards. If you can do this then hitting angled shots should not be an issue and your cue action is decent.

Best of luck.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I 'knew' I was right eye dominant for more than 45 years until Gene Albrecht showed me beyond any dispute that, FOR POOL, I am left eye dominant.

I just recently realised that that miss that just seemed to pop up from out of nowhere more often happened when I was cutting to the right.

I would suggest that you get Gene's Perfect Aim DVD & then give him that complementary 'free' phone call before you look at the DVD.

I had an eye injury to my right eye 20+ years ago that left me with an astigmatism in that eye.

The normal tests for eye dominance are not really any good for what we do in pool. Also, Gene's method is NOT an 'aiming' system' like CTE, SEE, 90/90 or anything like that.

Good Luck with finding YOUR solution & Best Wishes to You & Yours,
Rick

Last edited:

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have noticed I tend to over cut shots where I am cutting the object ball to the right and tend to hit left cuts thick. I am extremely right eye dominate as I was born with lazy eye in the left eye. I have I have done the stroke tests and seem to have no trouble with those. Is it just an alignment issue? I used to play much more and never really noticed it being a problem. Especially notice it on soft shots.

Your problem could be as simple as the way you step into the shot at those angles. You may have developed a habit of setting yourself up incorrectly. It starts with the first step. Start from the beginning and make sure your feet are planted where they should be.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hard to tell just what is causing it without being there to observe. But, another possibility is that you are unintentionally applying some side spin, and the cb is swerving on you. Just something else for you to check out.