Modifying/Retrofitting Smaller CNC for Inlays

rack runner

Registered
Happy Friday All!
Was wondering if anyone here has had success with modifying/fitting a smaller style cnc (more affordable ones like the kit cnc's) to fit their taig based lathe either hightower or midamerica. Intent for now, is do try and do smaller inlays. Dots, Slotted diamonds and Spears. For now at least.

I appreciate the help/advice given here from the group and from individuals. Hope you all have a good weekend!

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
if you look at the pictures in Krown Custom Cues, LLC group........... you can see how he started out with a small CNC and modified it to do inlays

Kim

stylz730

Registered
I started out with a cnc 6040 and then extended it to what would be like a 100 40. Basically I made the bed length 36 “ . Pretty simple to do.just have to order longer rails and lead screw.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
all you need is a pin indexed head stock or a 4th axis head stock and a tail stock................. mount them outboard of the CNC bed on a taig rail so you can mount a cue butt jus over the bed and you are able to slide the head stock and tail stock with the cue mounted ............. you can then position the cue where you need it to cut inlay pockets.............................. Chris Walker... Cue Source did that and has pictures on his FB page.............. I also have a friend that has done this same thing on a CNC 3020.......... works just fine.

Kim