Monster cues?

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I'm selling a Bob Frey cue and the shaft weighs 4.73 ounces, radial pin shaft, not even a brass insert.
I consider a 4.73 shaft a monster, thus a monster cue.

Just because the cue is a monster it doesn't mean it will hit good
No guarantee when monsters are involved.
If you like the term "monster cue" than you will love cues that "hit a ton."
You never know if a cue that hits a ton plays really good, or it's just an extremely heavy pool cue.
If anyone is interested I actually have for sale a test hit monster that hits a ton.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bet you also gave a lot of time to work.
Yes I did spend a lot of time working. I made some big sacrifices.

However I was very very lucky many times.

Having great parents was by far my biggest break. If it wasn’t for them there’s no chance I’d be where I am now, I lost them around 20 years ago-the hardest pill I ever swallowed. Dad passed in 2000 mom in 05. Both were 77 years old.

also being in America was a huge break too.

my health has always been my weakest link.

best
Fatboy

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm selling a Bob Frey cue and the shaft weighs 4.73 ounces, radial pin shaft, not even a brass insert.
I consider a 4.73 shaft a monster, thus a monster cue.

Just because the cue is a monster it doesn't mean it will hit good
No guarantee when monsters are involved.
If you like the term "monster cue" than you will love cues that "hit a ton."
You never know if a cue that hits a ton plays really good, or it's just an extremely heavy pool cue.
If anyone is interested I actually have for sale a test hit monster that hits a ton.
That is a monster shaft. Nit sure about the hit at that weight, could be great maybe too front heavy-who knows? Still pretty cool😁😁

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Yes I did spend a lot of time working. I made some big sacrifices.

However I was very very lucky many times.

Having great parents was by far my biggest break. If it wasn’t for them there’s no chance I’d be where I am now, I lost them around 20 years ago-the hardest pill I ever swallowed. Dad passed in 2000 mom in 05. Both were 77 years old.

also being in America was a huge break too.

my health has always been my weakest link.

best
Fatboy
You make you own luck most of the time, many lucky people I know are also some of the hardest working people.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You make you own luck most of the time, many lucky people I know are also some of the hardest working people.
Yes creating your own luck is key.

“For some players, luck itself is a art” one of the greatest lines in any movie ever! Man that had such a huge impact on me. I was 19-20 years old and impressionable. That one didn’t get past me. I took that idea and ran with it. What I lacked as a player in pool, I made up for in other things in life. Which is why I credit so much of my success to pool and the people in pool. Sharpened my tools for life.

that Fatboy Approved in the purest of the sense

Fatboy

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some people never give up until they make it. KFC Col. Sanders was old guy when he made it.
Walt Disney too had a hell of a story.

I’ve been lucky enough to meet some monster successful people. The self made ones, none of them are quitters. That’s the one trait they all share. They go and go and push hard. Super hard. It’s not for everyone, I’m certainly not the most successful guy but when I got my eye on the prize I go until I can’t go anymore and pick up the pieces and keep going.

“press on regardless” is what a long ago biz partner told me, he was 30 years older than me. Shortly after he passed away, I never forgot those words either. Press on! 🙏🏼🙏🏼 Jimmy Miller RIP

Fatboy🥲

Jack Madden

John Madden Cues
Silver Member
Thanks all for your replies, basically what I thought the term to mean is correct. I thought it would be subjective to the person that owns it or is going to buy it. I will say a lot of them are flat out beautiful and play great but I can’t justify spending $5-10k since I’d have to take a loan out for one 😢
So would I.