Monster cues?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well the funny thing about the Jackpot Cue is when was the last time one was offer for sale❓

Owners must love ❤️ their Jackpots, or they would be offering for sale.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
I’m new to the term, never heard it when I was playing when younger. Only when I joined this site and groups on Facebook did I see it. What makes a cue a big or monster as I see a lot? Price, inlay design and materials? Maker? Very curious since I’ve only bought one in my life, my good cues I inherited from my grandpa.
Any good cue can become a monster if you play long enough with it. I know my production McDermott from ~1995 is a monster, it's just that I can't play at the level my cue is capable of on some days!

But in all seriousness, after using that cue for so long I'd rather use it than some of the higher dollar cues I've tried. I know what to expect with it and what I can get out of it. So if you want to experience a monster cue, get to shooting! :)

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What do you think the asking price should be?

If you have to ask, you can’t afford it.

LOL.

The same as anything else.

They may be worth nothing to one person and everything to another.

I see high-dollar cues in the For Sale Forum that have been there for months, if not years.

Apparently, the owners are asking more for them that anybody thinks they are worth or willing to pay.

I have seen a couple with several hundred dollar price reductions in just the last week or so.

These Jackpots sold for only a few hundred, but they play as good as anything.

Why would anybody want to sell theirs?

Few hundred bucks = lunch money.

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

LOL.

I see high-dollar cues in the For Sale Forum that have been there for months, if not years.

Apparently, the owners are asking more for them that anybody thinks they are worth or willing to pay.

I have seen a couple with several hundred dollar price reductions in just the last week or so.

The difference is those higher end cues a CUEMAKER put time and effort into building, and are charging for their time/effort/expertise that went into building. Your cue that you paid a 400% markup for is a Schmelke (blank at best), finished by someone else, with no name on it, and labeled under a cuemaker's name who had nothing to do with it. Whatever logic you use that makes you sleep better at night, fine. That doesn't take away from the fact that you overpaid, and are perpetuating a lie.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The difference is those higher end cues a CUEMAKER put time and effort into building, and are charging for their time/effort/expertise that went into building. Your cue that you paid a 400% markup for is a Schmelke (blank at best), finished by someone else, with no name on it, and labeled under a cuemaker's name who had nothing to do with it. Whatever logic you use that makes you sleep better at night, fine. That doesn't take away from the fact that you overpaid, and are perpetuating a lie.

I took you off ignore for a minute because I noticed you made a couple posts and figured you would be babbling like Rain Man and I was right.

You have NO CLUE what I paid for my two Jackpots!

I am TOTALLY satisfied with whatever I have invested in them.

If people quibble about cues that cost less than a few hundred dollars, then maybe they need to take up whiffle ball or something.

And, if you read the screenshot below, you will see that Larry Vigus cored the handle of my second Jackpot before the cues were ever made. I have never sent my cue to get anything done to it, so quit making up bullshit.

ABCE6042-06F1-43DF-8A92-02201F55549E.png

Last edited:

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I took you off ignore for a minute because I noticed you made a couple posts and figured you would be babbling like Rain Man and I was right.

You have NO CLUE what I paid for my two Jackpots!

I am TOTALLY satisfied with whatever I have invested in them.

If people quibble about cues that cost less than a few hundred dollars, then maybe they need to take up whiffle ball or something.

And, if you read a few posts above you will see that Larry Vigus cored the handle of my second Jackpot before the cues were ever made. I have never sent my cue to get anything done to it, so quit making up bullshit.
Wait what? You yourself said YOU had Vigus core that cue...so is your memory fading, or are you just that caught up in your own lies that you can't keep them straight? It's ok though, in the end your not going to change, nor would I expect you to. You are content being an accessory to committing fraud. Just know each time I will be there to remind you that you're wrong.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

LOL.

The great debate continues, but there are ZERO JACKPOTS FOR SALE!

Can only guess the owners are keeping their MONSTER JACKPOTS.🤔

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Well the funny thing about the Jackpot Cue is when was the last time one was offer for sale❓

Owners must love ❤️ their Jackpots, or they would be offering for sale.
Dean bought a ton of them back, that's why you don't see them for sale...

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's because those who bought a Jackpot cue for $500 can only sell it for $200.

I guess they want to keep their foolishness private... unlike yourself.
I see a custom cue in the For Sale Forum that is selling for $800 less than it was previously sold for on here. It originally sold for $2,000 on here a couple years back. That is a 40% drop.

Guess those fancy customs don’t hold their value as much anymore.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Dean bought a ton of them back, that's why you don't see them for sale...
Really a Ton =‘s 2,000 pounds, most Cuesvwith 2 Shafts weigh less the 32 OZ’s, that mean by your statement Dean bought back just around 1,000 JackPots. Sounds like big 🐠 story.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Idk about all this jackpot noise

All I know is Bushka’s ain’t $20K anymore. They just ain’t holding up……

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really I would assume $200.00 is better then nothing.
What did Paul Newman say in the COM in 86:

“you walk into a shoe store with $150, and all you come out with is one shoe”.

Get it? One shoe not a “pair of shoes”….

something to think about….

Fatboy

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see a custom cue in the For Sale Forum that is selling for $800 less than it was previously sold for on here. It originally sold for $2,000 on here a couple years back. That is a 40% drop.

Guess those fancy customs don’t hold their value as much anymore.
Not like they did.

but I’m early $, still doing just fine 🙏🏼💪😉