Mosconi Cup 2019 Day 3

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like USA chances today-Found this on Instagram-Hope it's legit.

Attachments

• day 3.jpg
    day 3.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 1,100

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
I would say in both matches with Feijen Europe is a decent favorite and the other 3 are close to a coinflip.

Europe wins 3-2 or better today.

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This has proven to be a close contest so far. I think it is silly to think either side has a huge advantage on today's line-up.

USA is playing well and has doubles teams that are clearly able to work together, and our singles are very strong. The USA just can't be an underdog today on paper.

At the same time, Europe's line up is composed of some of the world's best. I understand Kazakis and Feijen haven't been super smooth so far and Filler and Shaw both made some errors, but anyone that wants to try to make a living betting on Europe not playing well might do well to keep their day job.

Either team could succumb to pressure today, either team could play lights out and take it down in close contests. It could be a blow out or a nail biter. In this format with these teams it's impossible to predict, particularly with 3 doubles matches. Oh I know everyone has their guess and someone will inevitably guess right, but I personally am going to sit back and enjoy the show.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
That is a great lineup! Should be some amazing pool and the 5-5 tie shows that both sides are playing great!!! Has been some serious pool action the last 2 days!!!
Mosconi Cup Madness is AWESOME!!!

Trent from Toledo:thumbup:

fishless

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will not try and predict who wins todays session but I will go out on a limb and predict all five matches don't end up with a score of 5-1. :)

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll take the other $25 Dave :groucho:

If Double Dave doesn't answer by 10:30 EST, you got Europe today for 25.

OK you are on- Paypal within 10 hours of finish

Edit-No bet you failed to confirm by PM or here.

Last edited:

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Per Betonline.ag:

To raise the Cup: USA +115 Europe -145

Today’s matches:

SVB/Woodward -120
Filler/Kaci -110

Woodward-150
Feijen +120

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand it’s all about viewership, but do we really need Filler vs SVB again today? Save it for tomorrow.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So the books like USA in 3 out of 5 matches today but still have them 3/2 dogs to win the cup?

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I would say in both matches with Feijen Europe is a decent favorite and the other 3 are close to a coinflip.

Europe wins 3-2 or better today.

So this wasn’t a comedic post? Have you been watching? Not that Feijen can’t get in gear but from what I’ve seen I’d say USA has a good chance in those two and maybe a coin flip on the others.

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So the books like USA in 3 out of 5 matches today but still have them 3/2 dogs to win the cup?

I’m guessing the book knows their bettors like the Euro side, so they won’t set the true odds. Also, tomorrow’s final day is all singles. Europe is the favorite to win Day 4.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
This has proven to be a close contest so far. I think it is silly to think either side has a huge advantage on today's line-up.

USA is playing well and has doubles teams that are clearly able to work together, and our singles are very strong. The USA just can't be an underdog today on paper.

At the same time, Europe's line up is composed of some of the world's best. I understand Kazakis and Feijen haven't been super smooth so far and Filler and Shaw both made some errors, but anyone that wants to try to make a living betting on Europe not playing well might do well to keep their day job.

Either team could succumb to pressure today, either team could play lights out and take it down in close contests. It could be a blow out or a nail biter. In this format with these teams it's impossible to predict, particularly with 3 doubles matches. Oh I know everyone has their guess and someone will inevitably guess right, but I personally am going to sit back and enjoy the show.

Thank you. My thoughts exactly. If I've learned anything about the MC, it is how unpredictable it is. Look what happened last year.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After 2 days

After 2 days, the top performers are Filler, Shane, Shaw with around 70%
Shane and Shaw actually did better than same stage last year (Shane 2 out 3.2 points 63% and Shaw 1.7 out of 3.2 points 53% )
Weakest so far is Niels who has not contributed anything yet to Europe losing all 2 doubles he played in. :)

MC2019 Day1+2.JPG