Mosconi Cup Team - USA

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The first 3 players are automatically picked through rankings with SVB, Sky, and Oscar making the team. Opinions on the next 2 which will be Captains picks? I'm going with Tyler Styer and Shane Wolford. But gotta give a huge shoutout to Greg "Spanky" Hogue on his performance and a shot at the team. It will be an uphill battle no matter the team but that's why we play the games. Go USA!

Smutzc

Definitely Tyler, but that 5th spot to me, is always to gain viewers. Which I have no problem with. I feel like a lot of people kind of fell for Joey Tate, weather it be felt sorry for him, happy for him or whatever. A lot of buzz if he could be the next great American player. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was given the golden ticket. Hard telling, but always exciting waiting to hear who we are gonna root for ! Mosconi Cup here we come !

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
True enough. Although in alternating breaks, race to 5, Oscar has the chops to beat anyone in the world on any given day...our guys are huge underdogs (Folks love pointing out how Europe can field numerous teams that would smoke us) , but who would have picked Tyler to beat Gorst yesterday? Underdogs or not, they are run out pool players. If the lag and break are working, who knows.

For fun, We field a team of SVB, Skylar, Oscar, Styer, and whomever (Thorpe, Reinhold, Wolford, Roberts, etc. )

What individual COUNTRIES in Europe could field a team that would be favored against that 5? For sure, China/Taiwan, Philippines, but they are not European. Maybe Poland? Spain?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The first 3 players are automatically picked through rankings with SVB, Sky, and Oscar making the team. Opinions on the next 2 which will be Captains picks? I'm going with Tyler Styer and Shane Wolford. But gotta give a huge shoutout to Greg "Spanky" Hogue on his performance and a shot at the team. It will be an uphill battle no matter the team but that's why we play the games. Go USA!
Spanky beat Oscar at Sancastle in case you're wondering. IIRC he may have beat him twice there.

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t believe Styer is popular with some of the other American players who would be his potential teammates. His wild card selection is far from a slam dunk, imo.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
austria, germany could make it a match, maybe the UK too
Interesting. I don't know enough about the euro players outside of the usual suspects. But if Austria has 5 that would be favored, that is pretty strong. UK I know Melling, Appleton, Shaw, then I'm out...:ROFLMAO:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting. I don't know enough about the euro players outside of the usual suspects. But if Austria has 5 that would be favored, that is pretty strong. UK I know Melling, Appleton, Shaw, then I'm out...:ROFLMAO:

i suppose there are others but imran majid and marcel price both made it to L64 yesterday, imran beating capito to get there

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Definitely Tyler, but that 5th spot to me, is always to gain viewers. Which I have no problem with. I feel like a lot of people kind of fell for Joey Tate, weather it be felt sorry for him, happy for him or whatever. A lot of buzz if he could be the next great American player. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was given the golden ticket. Hard telling, but always exciting waiting to hear who we are gonna root for ! Mosconi Cup here we come !
I’m aware of the buzz around Tate but why would they feel sorry for him?

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
True enough. Although in alternating breaks, race to 5, Oscar has the chops to beat anyone in the world on any given day...our guys are huge underdogs (Folks love pointing out how Europe can field numerous teams that would smoke us) , but who would have picked Tyler to beat Gorst yesterday? Underdogs or not, they are run out pool players. If the lag and break are working, who knows.

For fun, We field a team of SVB, Skylar, Oscar, Styer, and whomever (Thorpe, Reinhold, Wolford, Roberts, etc. )

What individual COUNTRIES in Europe could field a team that would be favored against that 5? For sure, China/Taiwan, Philippines, but they are not European. Maybe Poland? Spain?
I'll take every country in Europe, but you must bet them all.