Mosconi odds................

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just checked Ladbrokes. If you like the Euros you gotta bet 9 to win 4. Bet the U.S. and you get 7/4. Any thoughts? Who do you like and why?

arcstats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just can't see the US team being able to hang with the fire-power that the Euros will bring. This despite Appleton having an off year.

Even if Shane plays out of his mind (which has yet to occur in a Mosconi Cup), there is simply too much talent on the Euro squad. Over a 3-4 day competition, this talent will win out over any ra-ra antics Wilson will attempt to use as motivation.

The only factor that may close the talent gap is the use of a Rasson table as opposed to a Diamond Pro-Am. Look for the side pockets to create some drama.

drv4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I was forced to lay 100 down, I'd put it on the USA with those odds. I think Europe will win but that's not a very good ROI with the current odds.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just can't see the US team being able to hang with the fire-power that the Euros will bring. This despite Appleton having an off year.

Even if Shane plays out of his mind (which has yet to occur in a Mosconi Cup), there is simply too much talent on the Euro squad. Over a 3-4 day competition, this talent will win out over any ra-ra antics Wilson will attempt to use as motivation.

The only factor that may close the talent gap is the use of a Rasson table as opposed to a Diamond Pro-Am. Look for the side pockets to create some drama.
I agree. Jason Shaw has been in dead whiz all year and Ouschan has turned into monster himself. I hope when the U.S. team comes home(win or lose) they could leave Deschaine in England. Whiney biach.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... The only factor that may close the talent gap is the use of a Rasson table as opposed to a Diamond Pro-Am. Look for the side pockets to create some drama.

I don't know that the side pockets will be like the ones at Steinway for the 14.1 event. Rasson said those sides were smaller than normal because Dragon Promotions requested that all 6 pockets have the same size mouth. That might not be true of the Rasson tables Matchroom is using in their events, but I haven't read or heard anything about this.

arcstats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree. Jason Shaw has been in dead whiz all year and Ouschan has turned into monster himself. I hope when the U.S. team comes home(win or lose) they could leave Deschaine in England. Whiney biach.

You entitled to your opinion regarding Deschaine, but he's no doubt one of the 5 best we have here in the states. I doubt he could even make the Euro squad when you look at the list of Euros who failed to make their team.

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
On William Hill you get 5/2 for betting on the US. I think those are
pretty good odds, but it doesn't matter how good the odds are if
they can't win. It will be over a day early.

Regards, Dave

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ya know, i think Europe has such pressure with the expectation to win, it's entirely possible that it could backfire.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I was forced to lay 100 down, I'd put it on the USA with those odds. I think Europe will win but that's not a very good ROI with the current odds.

Well on William Hill if you go for Europe player pot winning 9 ball it is 5/1 and spread over the 5 players , you get about 1/1

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You entitled to your opinion regarding Deschaine, but he's no doubt one of the 5 best we have here in the states. I doubt he could even make the Euro squad when you look at the list of Euros who failed to make their team.

Haha yes ya're right , hes gonna miss by a long way.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He plays good but NOBODY likes him, he's not a team guy and he is a major whiney b^*%h. I want the U.S to win but i find it VERY hard to root for MD. Its that old "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" sorta deal.

coco9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well on William Hill if you go for Europe player pot winning 9 ball it is 5/1 and spread over the 5 players , you get about 1/1

Mmm not quite!

10 on each player would be an outlay of 50 with a return (if Europe win) of 60.

To me that is odds of 1/5 not 1/1.

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No question MDS couldn't make the Team Euro, but then other than SVB, what other American could? Rodney Morris, MAYBE, but that's it.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unless we get another SVB type player or Jayson decides he's an American and plays for the US, I'd give the US 2 on the wire and feel very safe in the bet. With Jayson, SVB and almost any other 3 players it would be decently even. I think if they have normal break rules and don't allow jump cues US will be at least even with Jayson and SVB.