Moving a Bar Table - Cornerman Style

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just wanted to share how my wife and I moved our bar table when I had my room built. The barbox is temporary as I previously had a very open lanai. I decided to tear down the lanai and have a sunroom installed with a mini split.

I bought these heavy duty casters that happened to have a lovely circular cavity that nicely fit the table feet. To lift the table, I used a 2-wheeler, which most are just the right size to catch the base plywood and lever the table up.

Super easy. Of course, when we need to move this out of the house next month, we’ll need a professional or about five big moving men.

Freddie <~~~ not a moving man

Attachments

• 0526D3D7-3E20-4918-8924-DD1F9007D288.jpeg
    0526D3D7-3E20-4918-8924-DD1F9007D288.jpeg
    143.6 KB · Views: 199
  • 041F0B71-53B7-4191-BD8D-7E7DE6ACCA3C.jpeg
    041F0B71-53B7-4191-BD8D-7E7DE6ACCA3C.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 185
  • D5F1FF82-DC64-4B6B-9CFA-C39CB26CC122.jpeg
    D5F1FF82-DC64-4B6B-9CFA-C39CB26CC122.jpeg
    270.7 KB · Views: 197

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I use a pallet jack with 2 pallets...easy move...Flats
If I were just moving it, thr motorcycle lift works fine. But we had to move it over a couple transitions (sliding door track, for one). that i dont think a pallet jack would ever work.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never heard 2 wheeler before. We call them hand trucks.
You're a youngster I suppose.
Lots of slang when it comes to tools and equipment.

BTW where you Dry Flying?
Not exactly a fly guy but can hole my own on small streams if pinch comes to shove.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They make big plastic furniture sliders with foam on top. I move 9 foot tables on them...on carpet. Slide them all over the pool hall.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
They make big plastic furniture sliders with foam on top. I move 9 foot tables on them...on carpet. Slide them all over the pool hall.
All good. Cant slide a table over sliding door rails.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
just curious Freddie,
on the terms u understand,
I'm familar with a lanai, however on the mini split, is that some kind of a deal with the Mrs. Freddie? use of space and such?
looks well accomplished on your side, not bad, however,
the "when we need to move this out of the house next month" part,
I realize it's a 7'r and all,
you are going to use a shot clock on your initial 1P game?

...>>> just thinking

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just wanted to share how my wife and I moved our bar table when I had my room built. The barbox is temporary as I previously had a very open lanai. I decided to tear down the lanai and have a sunroom installed with a mini split.

I bought these heavy duty casters that happened to have a lovely circular cavity that nicely fit the table feet. To lift the table, I used a 2-wheeler, which most are just the right size to catch the base plywood and lever the table up.

Super easy. Of course, when we need to move this out of the house next month, we’ll need a professional or about five big moving men.

Break it down and two guys can move it. Remove the trim and 10mm rail bolts under the trim. Mark the rails so they go back in the same location
when putting it back together. Then lift out the slate and set it in a safe place for a few minutes, then flip the box on its side and remove each leg.
Now you can put it on a moving dolly and wheel it out of the house. Outside set one end on the open tail gate of a pickup truck and the other end on the ground on a blanket. Go get the slate and carry it outside and set it back in the table and slide the box in the bed. Gather up your rails and legs & hardware. You are now ready to go to the new house and just reverse what you did, Rail bolts should get torqued to 60-inch pounds. Don't need 5 big guys.

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Brilliant! I used sliders similar to those for heavy furniture that we were getting rid of, and moving them, they felt like they weighed 10 pounds instead of much more.

I want to get rid of our 9-foot Brunswick Century pool table. My daughter lives in the basement now where the table is. The problem is dismantling it and then setting it back up is costly for any buyer. I'm actually now contemplating giving it away for free, maybe to a nursing home or veterans facility. They will have to pay for the moving expenses, though.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
just curious Freddie,
on the terms u understand,
I'm familar with a lanai, however on the mini split, is that some kind of a deal with the Mrs. Freddie? use of space and such?
looks well accomplished on your side, not bad, however,
the "when we need to move this out of the house next month" part,
I realize it's a 7'r and all,
you are going to use a shot clock on your initial 1P game?

...>>> just thinking
When we bought the house, it came with the 22 x 16’ screened tin-roof Florida lanai. We always had the intention to convert it to an enclosed room with AC and heat. Doing a sunroom (with excellent R-value windows) and a mini-split air conditioner was the best bang for the buck elegant solution as opposed to doing a $50-100k addition. Mrs Corneman/Cornerwoman? Was on board from day 1.

I bought a crappy barbox (as opposed to a nice barbox) just as a stop gap prior to pulling the trigger on the sunroom. When the sunroom started installation, I ordered my 9’ Diamond ProAm back in July. Sunroom is about done (paint). Diamond is scheduled for January delivery. I won’t hold my breath.

So during construction, we moved the barbox into our dining room, which is where it’s sat for the last 5 months. My wife asked if we could move it back for the time being, now that the sunroom could house it. So, when the Diamond comes in, this bar table goes out to a friend of mine. And yes, we’ll take it apart just like another poster has posted. I was just joking about the 5 burly moving men.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
:),
good deal, a clock is a given.
Something you may be aware of with the Mrs. all in,
nothing to be alarmed with,
possibly mutual for good reasons,
this move will qualify for you getting out of the house.