Moving a Diamond ProAm

SumTin4U

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello fellow AZ'ers

I am going to be moving out to state in the next few months and was hoping to get some advice on how to move my 9' Diamond ProAm with me. I am relocating due to work so they are hiring a company to pack and relocate me but I am not sure how comfortable I am with them moving my table, especially if they don't have a Diamond cart.

If anyone has any advice or has gone through this before I would greatly appreciate any info you can provide.

Thank you,

Jim

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Trucking companies won't move a Diamond pool table in a cart on wheels....just throwing that out there folks. You'd be better off trying to talk with Aaron at the factory and see if one of their delivery trucks could pick your table up, bring it back to the factory, then when you get moved, have it delivered. I know Josh is on his way to Florida real soon making a delivery run....so, it's just a thought.

SumTin4U

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trucking companies won't move a Diamond pool table in a cart on wheels....just throwing that out there folks. You'd be better off trying to talk with Aaron at the factory and see if one of their delivery trucks could pick your table up, bring it back to the factory, then when you get moved, have it delivered. I know Josh is on his way to Florida real soon making a delivery run....so, it's just a thought.

That's good info to have, I'll give Aaron a call tomorrow to see if he can deliver it to Chicago.

Thank you,

Jim

SumTin4U

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update

Just to update this thread for anyone who may have the same questions I did.

A representative from Mayflower Transit stopped by today to do a walk through at my home. When I asked him about my table, he first said they would disassemble it and wrap the slates, but then I explained to him that the ProAm is a single slate table.

We spoke about the table for a few minutes and then I asked him if I were to get a Diamond cart and load the table on it if they would load it on the truck and move it for me and his answer was yes.

I am probably going to have Diamond move the table for me but figured I would report my findings.

AuntyDan

/* Insert skill here */
Silver Member
Dumb question - Once you get the table on the cart in the truck how do you secure it?

maximillion

justa strokin!
Silver Member
Go through your insurance paperwork and moving contract. Get extra insurance if you need to. Point at the table and say move it. Meanwhile you can browse the diamond billiards website looking at brand new tables!

accustatsfan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having gone through this nightmare before. Hire a professional person to load the table onto the moving truck moving companies do not know how to move pool tables

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hello fellow AZ'ers

I am going to be moving out to state in the next few months and was hoping to get some advice on how to move my 9' Diamond ProAm with me. I am relocating due to work so they are hiring a company to pack and relocate me but I am not sure how comfortable I am with them moving my table, especially if they don't have a Diamond cart.

If anyone has any advice or has gone through this before I would greatly appreciate any info you can provide.

Thank you,

Jim
There are only a couple people in Florida that are authorized (is that the word?) to move a one piece slate Diamond ProAm. Where do you live?