Murray Tucker Cue- Rare 16 points

Deno J. Andrews

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased the cue from Benny in Singapore (great transaction by the way). Now that I have it, I realize that I hate the lizard wrap on the cue. However, it is Murray's first ebony-on-ebony and the first cue he put a lizard wrap on. It is also finished with lacquer, which was what he used back then. All of these unique things keep me from wanting to have the cue changed. However, in my opinion, the lizard wrap is butt-ugly and whomever it was who ordered it that way (Murray told me that it was a custom order and that he wouldn't have wrapped it in lizard) probably couldn't tell the difference between French Cuffs and French Toast. Anyway, hopefully someone out there doesn't care how wrong the lizard wrap is and wants it as a player cue... or is willing to have the wrap changed. I have too many new cues coming, including one from Murray, to really deal with this one. That means that someone can get a really good deal on it because Benny gave me a good price.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...earch.dll?from=R40&satitle=190024571120&fvi=1

Deno

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   1
Benny and I corresponded about a trade on this cue, and I have to admit that the wrap was one major reason that I didn't pull the trigger on it. I love the rest of the cue and all the firsts (and lasts, i.e. joint) that Murray put into it.

Now, it is up for sale again. Hmmmm...... <<must control cue addiction>> :rolleyes: :p

Murray Tucker

Just a Padawan
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Deno J. Andrews said:
All of these unique things keep me from wanting to have the cue changed.

That is probably the right long term descision. Just in case my cues are worth something someday.

Deno J. Andrews said:
However, in my opinion, the lizard wrap is butt-ugly and whomever it was who ordered it that way (Murray told me that it was a custom order and that he wouldn't have wrapped it in lizard) probably couldn't tell the difference between French Cuffs and French Toast.Deno

That would be the same guy that you had all of the Balabushka refinishing "debates" with back in the good ole day of RSB.

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
Murray Tucker said:
That is probably the right long term descision. Just in case my cues are worth something someday.

That would be the same guy that you had all of the Balabushka refinishing "debates" with back in the good ole day of RSB.

LOL ".....French Cuffs and French Toast" I'm sure there's no love lost between those two.

Murray, wasn't that too the first (or only) cue you did with the seam of the veneers overlapping?

Murray Tucker

Just a Padawan
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
cueaddicts said:
Murray, wasn't that too the first (or only) cue you did with the seam of the veneers overlapping?

No, I did several cues with overlapping veneers. Then I made the change to the thicker mitered veneers. I wish I had kept better notes on when I did these changes.