Mushroom Tips

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My apologies in advance. I'm too old to learn to play but love watching.
I did a forum search but of course, nada.

So why is it that even top players seem not concerned with their tip being flush with the ferrule?

Promise not to infiltrate your forum with too many silly questions.
Love your game.
Watching the Worlds about 2-3 hours/day. Did the same for many other big tourneys going back many years.

drsnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's all personal preference.
Here's a good summary:

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's all personal preference.
Here's a good summary:
Hey Doc
Thanks for that link.

I suppose for most Pro's they're not too concerned about English.
I know from watching that LH or RH isn't used much.

It still seems that even with Center Ball it would be hard to pinpoint the CB.
Obviously I'm clueless on this.
Feel free to be harsh.
My 3C mentor was brutal.
I'm hardened!

drsnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Akshually..... Most pros play almost every shot with some side spin (AKA english). It really makes life complicated so it is not recommended for amateur players as the throw and squirt make it really difficult to make the shot. In pool the pockets are much bigger so is much more forgiving than snooker.

There is one exception: that's Ding. I cannot find the original clip with Steve Davis discussing the fact that Ding plays center ball even on cut shots.
But here's a bit of an explanation including Steve Davis' comment.

telinoz

Registered
Akshually..... Most pros play almost every shot with some side spin (AKA english). It really makes life complicated so it is not recommended for amateur players as the throw and squirt make it really difficult to make the shot. In pool the pockets are much bigger so is much more forgiving than snooker.

There is one exception: that's Ding. I cannot find the original clip with Steve Davis discussing the fact that Ding plays center ball even on cut shots.
But here's a bit of an explanation including Steve Davis' comment.

Exactly.