Music while playing

CCTEX

At home, I often play music while playing. I have a rather wide range. From Death Metal to Western Swing.

A few examples of what works for me. :)

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Am sure this has been asked many times before but haven't seen it lately. And, it's a not a "what's the best tip" post.

I have a strong preference to shoot casually or competitively with tunes playing, particularly tunes I like. 60/70's rock is best, crap too far beyond that like pop, rap, disco, whiny love songs would be a buzz kill. And loud enough to hear comfortably but certainly not blaring. Want to easily communicate with the opposition.

Some favorites re: tunes would include Creedence, CSNY, etc...from the 60's, early 70's and then pure 70's rock (classics).

Like music playing and if so; what? Anyone saying disco will be reported.
During the Camel Pro Tour days, the players did NOT like dead air, music was Always in the background. Too easy to get distracted when someone dopped something or got up outta the Bleachers (Miz) well over 400 lbs.

Pete H

Registered
Extreme death metal with complex rhythms is not the best music to play pool with that's for sure.

AC/DC, psychedelic or not stoner rock, 80's heavy metal like Accept or even mid-tempo death metal works for me.

Pool Hand Luke

When I saw this thread the first thing that came to mind was playing cue guitar to Bachman Turner Overdrive's "Takin' Care of Business" back in the 70s.
These days, playing at a senior center I have to listen to ear putty country tunes some instructor has picked out for her line dancing class. Boo.