My Boiling Point cue...patience is a virtue.

magnum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After a lot of debates, last minute change of decisions (before the blade even touches my cue), and re-routing my future financial plans, my cue is now in progress. Talk about competing ideas with Master Bandido...he made 3 revisions with my cue (that means he won :D ) and the changes might continue.

I always drop by at his shop to learn and at the same time assisting him on building my cue. We're about to proceed to the next stage but at the last minute he took a quick look at my cue then he told me..."this should not be the way...this would be better". We had a friendly dispute on which pattern to follow but he told me "We're buliding a custom cue...why should we follow the norm?". A line that I'll never forget so I let him win...again. :D But when my cue is taking it's shape...I'm glad he proved me wrong.

I'm itching to finish my cue but with a lot of orders Master Bandido is meticulously covering (aside from his other projects), I need to wait. Here's my design drafted in Powerpoint (ugly but it will do). Some of the materials and patterns were changed but the concept and the dense (I mean dense) Birdseye handle remains. I'll be taking pictures of my cue in progress on my next post.

Attachments

• Magnum_Cue.jpg
    Magnum_Cue.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 635

deadstroke32

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
magnum said:
After a lot of debates, last minute change of decisions (before the blade even touches my cue), and re-routing my future financial plans, my cue is now in progress. Talk about competing ideas with Master Bandido...he made 3 revisions with my cue (that means he won :D ) and the changes might continue.

I always drop by at his shop to learn and at the same time assisting him on building my cue. We're about to proceed to the next stage but at the last minute he took a quick look at my cue then he told me..."this should not be the way...this would be better". We had a friendly dispute on which pattern to follow but he told me "We're buliding a custom cue...why should we follow the norm?". A line that I'll never forget so I let him win...again. :D But when my cue is taking it's shape...I'm glad he proved me wrong.

I'm itching to finish my cue but with a lot of orders Master Bandido is meticulously covering (aside from his other projects), I need to wait. Here's my design drafted in Powerpoint (ugly but it will do). Some of the materials and patterns were changed but the concept and the dense (I mean dense) Birdseye handle remains. I'll be taking pictures of my cue in progress on my next post.

Now that is going to be a something to see ,,look at at your woods .be 4 u put that cue together ...U have nothng to hi lite the cue ..white can help but not on that cue ..
jus my 2 pennys.. ...

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
My 2 cents.
Leave the buttsleeve cocobolo, inlay the b'eye maple window like Jack suggests.
Border the windows with the same wood trimming the white rings. :)
Can you say striped ebony or bocote?

magnum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the suggestions...

I've replaced the Cocobolo forearm with a cored Red Amboyna Root (the wood looks like it's on flames) and it's very gorgeous. Instead of only Ivory, the rings are now a mixture of Ivorine, Ivory, and Red Amboyna Root squares to blend the 2 woods. My inlays are replaced with Red Amboyna burls and Ivory. I'll be posting pics once my friend returns my camera. :D

magnum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At last! Got my cue and played with it and the hit is great!

Here are some of the pics. Sorry I'm not a good photog and just used the MS Photo Editor to brighten the pics.

Attachments

• BPC_1.jpg
    BPC_1.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 221
  • BPC_4.jpg
    BPC_4.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 176
  • BPC_Sig.jpg
    BPC_Sig.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 165
  • BPC_8.jpg
    BPC_8.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 174
  • BPC_10.jpg
    BPC_10.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

monski

sweet & pretty
Silver Member
cool. Now its time for you to have a matching cue. But this time the BE with butterfly points will be in the forearm... ;)

magnum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks. I'll remember that. I'm planning for a jump/break cue (with some little secret extras) as a partner.

B

Bruce S. de Lis

magnum said:
At last! Got my cue and played with it and the hit is great!

Here are some of the pics. Sorry I'm not a good photog and just used the MS Photo Editor to brighten the pics.

Magnum I do not like q’s with NO WRAP, but you Cue is ARE. LOVELY.... :D