my current collection as of today...

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
sorry for the crappy pics.. took the new group pics with my Iphone.. some of the other pics are older that i had..

anyways.. this is my current cue collection..

enjoy my pics.. :)

chris

Last edited:

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
Thanks everyone.. For my player, it's the Paul mottey cue.. I bought it new in 2004 , had to sell it (and just about all my cues ) in 2009 to buy a car, and just got it back last year.. It's like an extension of my arm..
It's funny, i will never sell the schon, Jensen and they mottey .. They are all sentimental for one reason or another and have interesting stories.. Lol

The makers are,
Pete omen
Schon
Mike Johnson (Jensen)
Paul mottey
Pete tascarella
Steve Klein

Chris

Last edited:

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
I really love the gray ghost .. is it for sale yet ... ???

lol.. i may have considered it when my friend had a few more omens break jumps for sale a few months ago.. he had one that was cocolobolo that i liked but i didnt feel the need to have two so i passed on it..

the pete omen gray ghost is the cue i have owned the longest out of any cue i ever owned...

i bought it , and the paul mottey cue in 3/04 at the expo on the same day.. but being i sold the mottey and bought it back after 3 years in 2009, it makes me owning the Omen the longest...

its got some bumps and dents.. but its a breaker and it kills the balls.. when i bought it, pete took all the weight out of it and kept changing the bolt till i got it dialed in and was able to break the hardest i could without loosing control.. it feels perfect to me.. from the pre strokes to the follow through.. everybody i let try it is amazed...

i think i got my moneys worth out of it.. being its almost 10 years old and still breaks as hard as the day i bought it... i know people who are constantly changing/upgrading buying new ones because they dont hold up..

chris

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
It was funny, when I was looking to buy a Tasc, all that was around was the rosewood ones with mother if pearl notched diamonds, which don't get me wrong are sweet.. But I like the darker rosewoods so they just didn't do it for me. And when I saw this one with the cocobolo, and the ivory diamonds/spear heads and the extra rings... I knew I had to have it...

I had my doubts about the linen.. As I really wanted leather.. But I have to admit.. The linen feels awesome.. And the more I think about getting leather put in it, I often think about what color.. I don't think anything would look as good as the linen! And Pete's linen is by far the nicest I ever felt..

Chris

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
What is the wood in this top one??

i am sorry.. i am at work, and all photobucket pictures are blocked here...

when you say the top one? and if it is wrapless.. its the Pete Omen jump break. the forearm is gray stained curly or tider maple and the handle is highly figured Bacote....

i am not a huge fan of the look of bacote, but at the time when i bought it, it really caught my eye...

chris

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
It was funny, when I was looking to buy a Tasc, all that was around was the rosewood ones with mother if pearl notched diamonds, which don't get me wrong are sweet.. But I like the darker rosewoods so they just didn't do it for me. And when I saw this one with the cocobolo, and the ivory diamonds/spear heads and the extra rings... I knew I had to have it...

I had my doubts about the linen.. As I really wanted leather.. But I have to admit.. The linen feels awesome.. And the more I think about getting leather put in it, I often think about what color.. I don't think anything would look as good as the linen! And Pete's linen is by far the nicest I ever felt..

Chris

If it were mine and I had to replace the linen I would pick cork. Would look old school on that Tasc not to mention feels best in the hands IMO.

I did away with linen because I found it too slippery and I ended up gripping the cue tighter affecting my mechanics.

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member

Ok, using my phone now, when you said top cue, I thought you were referring to the group picture. I forgot there were a few pics of the two cues together..

Yes.. That top cue is a Paul mottey cue.. It has 4 points with amboyna burl points and butt sleeve.. 4 veneers , All the white is ivory.. The Tiffany diamonds, 4 in the points and 10 in the butt sleeve with a ivory hoppe ring and a piloted ivory 5/16x14 joint with stitch rings on the joint collars.. Ring lizard burgundy wrap that feels perfect...

This cue is one of my all time favorites ! And believe it or not it was my first real Custum cue.. I had a 1500 schon ltd that unsold to buy it and boy I took a huge beating on selling that..

Chris

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
Some better pics of my Omen Gray Ghost..
Chris

C006E18B-A3CD-4BC1-B5DC-398975633FCF-6814-0000036BC62F0324_zps4281eaeb.jpg

C151ACA8-07C8-445D-B04C-56A7014FCB9F-6814-0000036BE0D9662D_zps421bcaf5.jpg

F26CF3E1-B4F6-44A6-B69F-667D6D124474-6814-0000036BD981ADE7_zps5804b8bf.jpg

54B5AEA4-9063-4282-A0CC-89964B6FC2DB-6814-0000036BCDD35858_zps4363a367.jpg