My first Shooters tournament in Toronto, guess who I play.

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So it was my first time there, I played in the weekly 9 ball tournament. Lucky me I get to play john morra for my first match, lol, got smoked!!! But definitely a fun experience.

Just wanted to share that, I thought it was really cool my first time playing there I have to play a guy I've watched on YouTube for hours studying his game. Lol..... That's why I love pool!!! ::thumbup: :thumbup::thumbup:

LucasBilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like his game. I think he's headed for the elite class of players. Tough draw for your first tournament there but I'm sure you learned alot just watching someone like that play.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
So it was my first time there, I played in the weekly 9 ball tournament. Lucky me I get to play john morra for my first match, lol, got smoked!!! But definitely a fun experience.

Just wanted to share that, I thought it was really cool my first time playing there I have to play a guy I've watched on YouTube for hours studying his game. Lol..... That's why I love pool!!! ::thumbup: :thumbup::thumbup:

Hah! Wait till you play his father. First he'll 3-foul you a few times.....
...THEN he'll run the set out.

Would like to see a scotch-doubles match..........
..Morra clan vs. the Dominguez clan

DRW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Would like to see a scotch-doubles match..........
..Morra clan vs. the Dominguez clan
Now that would be a great Tar match.:)

The Hamster

David Malone
Silver Member

My wife was playing in a Scotch doubles tournament at Shooters Sunday and after they lost, her partner left. She had to play in the CPA league later so she had some time to kill.

She was doing drills with shots down the rail when somebody tapped her on the shoulder and asked if she would mind if he offered some advice. Turned out to be Mario... and he spent a half hour or so showing her how to run the ball down the rail and return the cue ball to the center of the table.

Good guy and apparently a good instructor...

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
My wife was playing in a Scotch doubles tournament at Shooters Sunday and after they lost, her partner left. She had to play in the CPA league later so she had some time to kill.

She was doing drills with shots down the rail when somebody tapped her on the shoulder and asked if she would mind if he offered some advice. Turned out to be Mario... and he spent a half hour or so showing her how to run the ball down the rail and return the cue ball to the center of the table.

Good guy and apparently a good instructor...

When Johnny became 17...Mario told me with a big grin....
"Now he's teaching me."

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Randall,

How much did it cost you to enter the event? You got to play John. Ask him how much a lesson would cost you other than in a tournament. Regardless of what the entry cost you, the lesson would have been much, much more!!! John's a great player. Lots to learn from him. And Mario!

Lyn

Danktrees

RIP RS
Silver Member
Randall,

How much did it cost you to enter the event? You got to play John. Ask him how much a lesson would cost you other than in a tournament. Regardless of what the entry cost you, the lesson would have been much, much more!!! John's a great player. Lots to learn from him. And Mario!

Lyn

entry is 25.

lee brett

www.leebrettpool.com
Silver Member

I played John (my student) in the later rounds, kid got lucky lol.. i'll get him next time :)

Any of you guys want lessons there just come see me.

champ2107

Banned
:) I'm getting there, slowly takes time to become a name in coaching.

Whats your name?

oh im the guy your pool101 buddy tried to get banned by putting one of my posts in a quote so i could not edit it. That was not a good move on his part considering who he is and what he does for a living and his actions may effect people he does business with, for example "you" ;) but i am a nice guy and will let it go this time :)

Last edited: