My First Team Event ***** And Playing Nick Varner

dchan320

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd say keep the twenty in your wallet (not to spend) and bring it out to remind you of what you've accomplished when needing a mental boost.

Looks like you have something going here. Instead of collecting trophies, you could collect signatures of those you've had the pleasure of beating on that twenty. :smile:

Great story.

Last edited:

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just showed this to Nick, He is not happy that he didn't win but said you played well and he is happy that you enjoyed yourself.

Thanks Mark. I almost missed this post. Sure put a smile on my face.

Best of luck on your latest tour.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd say keep the twenty in your wallet (not to spend) and bring it out to remind you of what you've accomplished when needing a mental boost.

Looks like you have something going here. Instead of collecting trophies, you could collect signatures of those you've had the pleasure of beating on that twenty. :smile:

Great story.

Not a bad idea except for the fact that I've been known to lose my wallet from time to time.:scratchhead:

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
That's a GREAT story and something to be proud of! In 1991 I went to Bolling Green KY during Derby Week with $200 in my pocket with Nick Varner's name on it. I wanted to match up with him in a decent race of 9 ball, knowing I'd get smoked, but knowing I had a chance to get a game or two on my side of the string that I would brag about for at least 70 years. I was willing to part with $200 for the lesson/experience and just to say I took one or two games off him (he was my hero at the time, still is up there on the short list). I didn't find him at that room, my intel was bad...to think you got to do it for only $20 AND you whitewashed him!!! There's a reason no one beat him all weekend, and you know why...the pressure is off the hook. But that didn't phase you! :thumbup: