My GC I Restoration

sellingboe

I purchased my GC in July from a guy who had it the last 25 years in his basement. It was in pretty good condition, but not great condition. Plus, I did not care for that vintage gold that was popular in the 60s. I could not decide between the Tangerine and Blue, so I asked my wife to be the tie breaker. She said blue. Done. Unfortunately, my buddy who drove to just northwest of Chicago to pick it up with me took most of the pics as we were disassembling it and had his phone stolen. I have asked the former owner to send me any he took of it but have yet to receive them.

This thread is primarily for Boxcar and Rexus31, who wanted to see pics of the finished table. I wasn't about to do a full journey like Rexus31 and Pocket did with their GC1s. I did snap a few along the way so....

poolTablePreMove1.jpg

poolTablePreMove2.jpg

Last edited:

sellingboe

The centennial blue is the best.
Super job.
I'm going to upload a couple more pics that show a lower profile in better light. It was not as big of a project as Rexus31 and Pocket had with their barn tables, but I never would have taken on such a project. I'm a reluctant DIY guy who knows his limitations. I'm pretty happy with the results. Thanks.

sellingboe

Is there anything on here, specifically the number on the lower right, that indicates anything regarding date of manufacture?

poolTableInfo.jpg

sellingboe

This is the bottom of the slate or brunstone used. I saw no red in the pocket cutouts. I don't really care what it is, I just would like to get a better handle on what my table is. I don't want to open up a can of worms on this either. Please keep it civil. Thanks. (-:

poolTableSlate.jpg

Last edited:

sellingboe

I'm not sure. Perhaps you can send it over to Brunswick to see if they can add some color.
I could, although I haven't seen evidence they know much on the history side of things based on various comments I've seen here. May be worth a try though.