My GC I Restoration

WGDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there anything on here, specifically the number on the lower right, that indicates anything regarding date of manufacture?

View attachment 613123
From this other thread, post #18, it looks like that is a part number. It is identical to the other guy's table.

sellingboe

Table is beautiful, great job.
When you say castings and feet were plated do you mean chrome plated??? They look great!!
Yes. I think so. I don't exactly know what he did. I told him they were nickel plated pot metal but he's known for his chrome plating of high end and antique cars. Frankly, I don't care. As you said, they look great!

sellingboe

Thank you all for your kind comments. I'll post pics of the room when it's done. It's going to be a 60s theme since the table is 60s. Think Bill Graham, Avalon Ballroom, budding San Francisco music scene in the mid-late 60s. Framing is underway next week......will post pics when it's complete.

sellingboe

Great job OP. Your pics brought back a ton of memories! Enjoy
Like I said, I had a hard time choosing between the two colors because they were both so vintage 60s. So, I gave my wife the tiebreaker. She actually wanted me to go back to the original gold, but I couldn't do it. I grew up with too much of that :)

sellingboe

Did a similar restoration on a GC1. Nice job. A lot of work!
Actually, it wasn't too bad. Prep, prime and painting. Castings and feet were outsourced. And setup and new cloth. Believe me, I'm not a DIY guy by nature. The guys who really had their work cut out for them are Rexus31 and Pocket. They got theirs out of a barn. However, make no mistake, I'm pretty happy with the outcome. But thanks!

Last edited: