My new DBK custom in progress

Simple

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My new full splice 6 pointer from Dmitry Komarov. Wenge, hornbeam, java palisander.

Attachments

• photo68009.jpg
    photo68009.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1,657

sneak_peter

"the tulip way of life"
Silver Member
this seems to be a very nice cue!
i hope, you'll let me try out it someday :grin-square:

Simple

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The new matching 6 points full splice shaft wenge-hornbeam made by DBK.
printimage730.jpeg

Attachments

• 70045.jpg
    70045.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 1,761
Last edited:

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
Isn't the makers name... DBK, just a little too close the the very famous DPK to be considered ethical? I think it is. I think it's unethical to use those initials.

Simple

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's his initials and the nickname here in forum. Should he alter his name? :-]

robertno1pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dbk

I agree with this name thing - -- - WAY too close.

"GB" is much different than "DPK" and would avoid any confusion.

Ask Dmitry to change his name to 'George Balabushka'.

:rotflmao1:

DBK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ask Dmitry to change his name to 'George Balabushka'.
For me the name Dmitry Komarov sounds not less proud than George Balabushka :).

When I was registered at this forum I have taken nickname DBKCues but among AZ-s already was very similar nick - DBcues, therefore I have asked the administrator to replace for me nick on DBK that there was no mess. The administrator will not allow to tell lies :).

Now it is found out that my initials are very similar to initials of David Paul Kersenbrock (Omega/DPK cues) :scratchhead:.
Well, let's remove initial of patronymic (though I very much respect the father) - will turn out DK or KD, at once I get on territory Kent Davis of K. D. Cues :shrug:.
Let's shall remove initial of the name - it turns out K cues, we collide with Dave Kikel KQ :thud:, by the way ours initials absolute identical too - DK ;). Where I would not move everywhere traps :).

Thus let's I shall leave the initials DBK as I do not try to copy work of these cuemakers undoubtedly more wellknown than I, and which works I very much respect.:thumbup:

This year I mark my cues with such logo. I have not found similarity to any trade mark known to me.
125440405.jpg
125440240.jpg

How you think?

P.S. If any of listed above dear cuemakers will consider that I discredit his works with my initials or logo, let will write me a PM. I shall think how to avoid such collision.

poolstixx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dbk

Your cues show the work of a fine craftsman. Thank you for all your pictures of your GREAT cues. Keep them coming.

Jason
Mowdy Custom Cues

DrPool

Registered
I think it's unethical to use those initials.
Wow. What a ruthless body of thought: A long-established russian cuemaker uses his own initials. That's for sure a scandal...:rolleyes:

Fortunately e.g. Dale Perry has no double-barreled name so David Kersenbrock get an easy rest.
Keep on with your great work, Dmitry...:wink: