My new Jim Lee (in progress)

powerlineman80

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is the first two pics of my Jim Lee Titlist Tribute Cue I wanted.

Curly Maple Forearm
4 Tulipwood Points w/MOP Diamond in each point
Titlist veneers
Solid Black Leather wrap
Tulipwood Butt Sleeve
Hoppe Ring
Black Butt Cap
Elforyn Joint with single black stripe on shaft and under the joint.

Here's the first two pics I got.....

Edit: No Ivory in the cue per my request.

Attachments

• cue.jpg
    cue.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 586
  • cue1.jpg
    cue1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 583

The King

Here's Jimbo....
Silver Member
Good Luck with that , I hope he makes you happy I have been watching his work and he does seem to be getting better and better ...He has put out some nice cues of late...

SOULHASSORROW

MoreTROLLSonAZthanWarcrft
Silver Member
I shoot with a Jim Lee right now and his cues hit a ton!!! Post pics of the forearm when it's all done.

powerlineman80

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I shoot with a Jim Lee right now and his cues hit a ton!!! Post pics of the forearm when it's all done.

Yep I've shot with two different Jim Lee's with 3 of his shafts and all shot very very well and most of all consistent. One was my cue and one was one he made to sell and after I shot with it on here it sold the next day.

Yea I'll post every pic Jim gives me as thats what I done with my first cue. I love to see a cue come together and the pictures help. I will make sure everyone sees them as well. This one wont have the logo though, I asked for his sig on the Hoppe Ring.

I spent alot of time trying to figure out what wood I would use in the points and buttsleeve as Rosewood, etc. is generally the norm with Titlist cues. Take in mind this is no conversion. I'm not sure I've seen a Titlist with Tulipwood (I'm no pro either and see every cue out there) so I couldnt be happier with how the Tulipwood has turned out so far. I want the veneers and points to "stand out" and the Tulipwood is so light in color I think it will pop. Something different I guess and if someone has seen a Titlist with Tulipwood let me know as I'd love to see what mine might look like.

powerlineman80

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also wanted to go bumperless on this cue, but with my habits we decided NOT to. Sometimes I get mad and just bump the floor, not hard enough to break anything but I didnt like the idea of me bumping the cue on a floor that would crack the finish, etc. My brother has carpet in his gameroom where I shoot the most, and it wouldnt hurt it as much but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have heard that Jim is hard to get ahold of and doesnt want to return calls.

I would recommend caution in using this cuemaker. ;)

Ken

powerlineman80

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've NEVER had a problem calling Jim and getting him on the phone. I can promise that. Now I've had a problem getting "off" the phone with him.