My Nitti in progress.......

Ruthless

~= Gator Nation =~
Silver Member
Great cues on the site today.

Chris will get over the pic but the next photos will be taken @ VF for the Billiard Encyclopedia.

Bling, Bling............................ :)

Attachments

• mn0.1.jpg
    mn0.1.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 353

Ruthless

~= Gator Nation =~
Silver Member
one more small pic. (this cue has no finish work done and everything is raw in these pics)

Have a Great weekend all!

Attachments

• mn0.2.jpg
    mn0.2.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:

wincue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ruthless said:
This cue is about 5% complete right now but I will update as it goes together.

The rings on the handle still need silver bands and silver dots w/ ivory centers. The ebony handle sections get a lot of ivory inlaid into each piece.

The forearm is way over sized in this pic and needs turned down to show the ebony recut edges on the points and it gets more inlays in the forearm also. The butt sleeve will be a mirror image of the forearm.

The rest of the rings are going to be different and need put together. The ferrules, joint, and buttcap will be ivory.

Tons more work to go but it should look pretty nice when finished. It will be with Chris at Valley Forge (I'll still be out collecting cans when I'm not in the free cheese line to help pay for it).

:D
I'm certain you will be pleased with the cue when it is completed. I have three sectioned handle cues that Chris built fro me - one of which I believe to be his first ivory handled cue. The execution is really great. It also helps that you're dealing with a great individual.

I also applaud you for using the sectioned handle design. I don't think any high end cue should have a single 12" handle. IMO it's just too much area to leave blank - even if covered with a lizard wrap. The last 22 cues I've had made have had sectioned handles.

Chris will have the cues he's built for me at the VF show. I look forward to seeing your cue in the finished state.

Ruthless

~= Gator Nation =~
Silver Member
wincue said:
I'm certain you will be pleased with the cue when it is completed. I have three sectioned handle cues that Chris built fro me - one of which I believe to be his first ivory handled cue. The execution is really great. It also helps that you're dealing with a great individual.

I also applaud you for using the sectioned handle design. I don't think any high end cue should have a single 12" handle. IMO it's just too much area to leave blank - even if covered with a lizard wrap. The last 22 cues I've had made have had sectioned handles.

Chris will have the cues he's built for me at the VF show. I look forward to seeing your cue in the finished state.

I believe I know which cues you are talking about. The set of 3 (I looked at the ivory handled before it was shipped) and looked at them weekly since he started them. The other 2 are hanging right next to mine at the moment (nice cues 1 with 3 pc burl and the other gets 3 pc leather) They look Great also! :)

Last edited:

wincue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ruthless said:
I believe I know which cues you are talking about. The set of 3 (I looked at the ivory handled before it was shipped) and looked at them weekly since he started them. The other 2 are hanging right next to mine at the moment (nice cues 1 with 3 pc burl and the other gets 3 pc leather) They look Great also! :)
I've attached a picture of the ivory handled cue. Nice talking to you. Perhaps we'll meet at VF. Nice chatting with you.

Attachments

• Nitti Ivory.jpg
    Nitti Ivory.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 347

wawacue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ruthless said:
This cue is about 5% complete right now but I will update as it goes together.

The rings on the handle still need silver bands and silver dots w/ ivory centers. The ebony handle sections get a lot of ivory inlaid into each piece.

The forearm is way over sized in this pic and needs turned down to show the ebony recut edges on the points and it gets more inlays in the forearm also. The butt sleeve will be a mirror image of the forearm.

The rest of the rings are going to be different and need put together. The ferrules, joint, and buttcap will be ivory.

Tons more work to go but it should look pretty nice when finished. It will be with Chris at Valley Forge (I'll still be out collecting cans when I'm not in the free cheese line to help pay for it).

:D

hello Ruthless

i saw your Nitti cue in VF. look alot better in person. enjoy the cue.

wawacue

Ruthless

~= Gator Nation =~
Silver Member
wawacue said:
hello Ruthless

i saw your Nitti cue in VF. look alot better in person. enjoy the cue.

wawacue

ChrisOnline said:
Hey ALL.. i saw this cue in person and let me say this... AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Chris - I hope all of you are having a Great time Bro ;)

I looked at it after he had sealer on it and it was looking good (Did not see it before he left because of a bass tournament). I imagine that now with the finish on it you can see all of the silver and inlay work a lot better. Props to Nitti on all of the work he put in it for me.

I guess I need to find a spot to put a cue rack in my bass boat now... (men and their toys - will it ever end? ;))

Have Fun and Stay Safe, Dave :)

Last edited:

poohkiller

Still life.
Silver Member
Wawacue and Ruthless: Amazing looking cues, I'm very-very impressed with Nitti's works!

wawacue, your cue's forearm looks like as if it caught fire - dark red flames, one of the highest figured woods I've ever seen.. Is that Burl too?

Standbykid

Results or excuses?
Silver Member
I was fortunate enough to see this cue today, when I went to visit Chris. I was there to pick a wrap color for my cue and Ruthless was picking up this cue. One word: Exceptional. You should be (I'm sure you are) very proud of this cue.

jdelcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I just think it's neat that Nitti is dominating the "Cue Gallery" listings right now. LOL! From sneaky petes and plain ol' merry widows to standard 4 point players...and all the way up to these ivory and burl wood monsters! Chris's work is well represented today. :)

He really does make a great cue, in my opinion. Guess they may not be for everyone, and others may like some other stuff better, but man oh man...
I like his stuff. :D

Ruthless

~= Gator Nation =~
Silver Member
Standbykid said:
I was fortunate enough to see this cue today, when I went to visit Chris. I was there to pick a wrap color for my cue and Ruthless was picking up this cue. One word: Exceptional. You should be (I'm sure you are) very proud of this cue.

Thanks and I am proud of this one for sure. I went and gave it a good test drive and it hits as good/better than it looks.

It was nice to meet you and I meant to say how much I appreciate the work that you also do before I left. (scratches head trying to figure out how to get my greedy little fingers on the beauty you have in the works ;))

Ruthless

~= Gator Nation =~
Silver Member
A few finished pics (with those greedy little fingerprints all over it........ bling, bling) :)

cn005.jpg

cn007.jpg

cn006.jpg

Have a Great Day and Thank You for looking.

(Hi Joaquin and I hope you had a great time @ VF)

Last edited:

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
Ruthless said:

Hey Chris - I hope all of you are having a Great time Bro ;)

Have Fun and Stay Safe, Dave :)

Dave.. i had a great time at valley forge.. wish you could have been there...

and dont worry.. your cue outshined the rest of chris's cues at his booth.. although, he had a few that i would have loved to buy ;)

chris

jdelcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ruthless said:
(Hi Joaquin and I hope you had a great time @ VF)

I sure did!

"Thanks to all at Valley Forge..."

Did you go? Man, the cues at Chris's booth were nice! He had some ebony/ivory monsters that he sold in a set of 3 with different handles (tri-sectioned ivory on one, tri-sectioned ebony on another, and tri-section black leather on the last one). Pretty sweet, although it's not really my bag...

I had my eyes fixed on one of his lower-end cues...just a four pointer with standard ABCDE rings and some ivory diamond inlays in the points and butt sleeve, and even then, I would have been outdoing myself...

But, alas, I ended up with the Searing this time around.
Regardless, just gives me an excuse to setup a CUSTOM order with him. :D

...I'd want it to play just like my bocote sneaky, or as close to it as possible, and with a little bigger shaft...
Assuming I could send that cue to him and he could pretty much assimilate the properties?