My old Tim Scruggs Catalogs

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had to smile. I thought this stuff was never to be seen again. So before I loose them agian!
Happy New Year!
Nick :)

catalogs002.jpg

catalogs003.jpg

catalogs004.jpg

catalogs001.jpg

The Floating point cues were limited production cues no longer available for order. I know only bevause I asked for one years ago.
These Custom Cues would have been made to order with weight, legnth, veneer colors, woods, wraps, joint materials and types even ring types and locations all as the name says made custom for you!
The catalogs show the old shop's address. They are now located in Baltimore, Md. I haven't seen this stuff in years.

Last edited:

bnall

<---Proud Dad
Silver Member
nick serdula said:
I had to smile. I thought this stuff was never to be seen again. So before I loose them agian!
Happy New Year!

catalogs002.jpg

catalogs003.jpg

catalogs004.jpg

catalogs001.jpg

The Floating point cues were limited production cues no longer available for order. I know only bevause I asked for one years ago.
These Custom Cues would have been made to order with weight, legnth, veneer colors, woods, wraps, joint materials and types even ring types and locations all as the name says made custom for you!
The catalogs show the old shop's address. They are now located in Baltimore, Md. I haven't seen this stuff in years.

I had this same catalog back in 1990 when I was 19! I used look at it and just drool, but I did save a enough money and ordered my very first Scruggs from this very same catalog. Oh by the way it was cue #2 with ebony points and a solid black irish linen wrap. God I miss that cue!

simco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered a number 32 in '99 got it in '00 ,got the 3/8 acme thread pin and
stainless flat face joint W/2 shafts.I have not shot with a better feeling cue since.The workmanship is fantastic.
Thanks for sharing those catalogs.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Outstanding

Nick,
Very Nice...
Some of the best cues on the planet on those pages"
thanks for the post

dirtypool40

I love this freakin' game
Silver Member
I called Tim in early 90 and ordered a #23 but without the ivory diamonds.

GREAT playing cue, I am sorry I sold. It's in Europe somewhere, along with my first Flowers case. :rolleyes:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I had that catalog when I was 20 as well. At one point I had catalogs from just about every cuemaker around who was making them in 1990. I had two big binders full of cue catalogs. I loaned them to a friend and never saw them again :-(

I had those catalogs with me in Germany and introduced a lot of players there to cue brands they never knew existed.

I used to dream about the cues in those pages and finally one day I was able to order the R-14 Schon I wanted. Got it from Danny Barouty.

Do cuemakers these days even bother with brochures?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i remember those catalogs and not having the $$$ for any cue in them, man that hurt.

deep

OFF THE CHAIN
Silver Member
First pic, 5th cue in from the right :bow-down: :bow-down: :bow-down:

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Same catalogs in better condition

Here are my copies of the same catalogs. Hard to photogragh due to the glossy pages.

DSC_0496.jpg

DSC_0485.jpg

DSC_0491.jpg

DSC_0492.jpg

Kevin

pawnmon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
catalogs

Really cool. I ordered my first custom cue from Tim when he was in the old building around 1986. My cue isn't pictured but the idea for it was from the cues he showed with ivory windows in the butt sleeve. I got mine with veneered windows. Still have it and it's my favorite player. Had the joint and ferrule replaced with ivory about 5 years ago. Nice run down memory lane. Thanks!

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Damn your good!

PM me your secret! If you notice mine catalogs are well used. The one with the girl showed up the other day from Timi and Mike. It was a sweet suprise!
Thanks,

robkat

Registered
Anyone know the dates of some of the catalogs posted here? I'm still trying to track down cue #31 (I think) from one of the pictures on page 1 of this post. Trying to find the year Tim would have made it.