My Opinion

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not professional but I’ve had cues made from Gus, Barry, Hercek, Kiekel, Mike Bender, Southwest, Shick, Perry Weston, and Gina. All but Gina and Hercek I’ve sent wood to. I’ve owned 3 Mike Benders. I know Mike but Mike’s work is TOP NOTCH and all of the cues I have had from him play the SAME!! I am not saying Mike is the best but I am saying the best respect him. Currently I own two cues a Mike Bender and a Steve Dunkel. Both are different the Dunkel is more flexible in the shaft were the Bender is more stiff. I will say Mikes cues( having owned 3) are the same. I can not say that for Steve Dunkel but I’ve only owned one Dunkel. I can honestly say that both of these guys build a cue better than most can play but also builds cue to perfection.

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No they were not. The first I traded for a fishing trip. It was Ebony , Ivory daggers and pink ivory. The second I bought from here Purple Heart heart ivory and ebony. The last I have is Ebony and Red Morrel. I have better photos some where.

Attachments

• BAC8A3B0-9262-441F-93C3-0B04E1E8D8C0.jpg
    BAC8A3B0-9262-441F-93C3-0B04E1E8D8C0.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 60

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am wierd I believe the best cues are made of tone woods. Ebony, Perambuco, African Blackwood, Brazilian, etc

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will say that Mike Bender cues are if nothing else (and they are) are built with a precession of detail bettered than NOONE!!! Better yet they PLAY!!!!!

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ll tell you my opinion. You can pay $15 hundred or 200,000 thousand for a Mike Bender cue and other than cosmetic’s the cue will play the same!!!! Mikes Cues are identical in playability.

Willowbrook Wolfy

Going pro
Gold Member
I’ll tell you my opinion. You can pay $15 hundred or 200,000 thousand for a Mike Bender cue and other than cosmetic’s the cue will play the same!!!! Mikes Cues are identical in playability.
That’s good to know. I’m hoping the same with my 2nd Bob Owen order. Sending him the wood because I wanted something different wood wise. The first one he made me hits awesome. This time the woods are a bit softer on the janka scale. Hoping to still get the great feel of the first one. Expensive breaker/player but imo Bob is an awesome guy and deserves the business. Im talking you up cause I want one of them O1 hats Bob!😂😂😂😂