My score of the week.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Someone was asking about the new Joss Thor Hammer.
Friday night I was at the hall practicing alone. An acquaintance of mine wandered in and had a couple of games with me. he had a brand new Hammer. Now, he likes his gaming machines too. I usually lend him a 100 and he pays back quickly with interest. But Fri night he asked if I wanted to buy the cue.

He only wanted $120 for it so I jumped on it. Advertised as $275.
Now, he is a good guy and if he wants his cue back, I will give it to him.
He will pay me back with interest anyway.

I used it last night and I can tell you, it breaks the table wide open and only twice did I break dry. Not a good thing when you open the table up that wide. I would say that it is pretty effortless to get a good spread. Put some cheese behind it and the balls are going to go bouncing.

It is the Iron wood with PH rings, 20 oz.

I'm not an expert on break cues. I have a Gino Ferarri and a Kao Kao thats warped like a banana. Most times I carry one cue and break with a
house cue.

The shaft has a nice taper and if you like a lighter cue or heavier cue, you can remove or add a weight bolt or two. Lots of room left at the end to do so. Joss uses the standard 3/8ths x 16 so they are a common hex head bolt. These are available just about anywhere
so you don't have to buy them from a supplier at an over inflated price. Just need a longer allen wrench to remove them.

With the taper, you could use it for a player as well. It hits them real nice.

Very nice finish on it. When I want an old school finish, I use a product called Dr. WoodWell. The Joss has the same feel to the finish only polished up well. Not a highly polished shiny finish but silky smooth. Feels good to the hand.

There are many break cue choices out there these days so it can be a daunting decision when parting with your hard earned money.

Leather tip made by Joss.

I would say a good choice for under $300.

The Thor Hammer. A strong name and most appropriate for a break cue. The only set back is with my break, lightening bolts aren't going to shoot out of the shaft.

On second thought, this should probably go in the Review Forum but most of the people that ask about break cues post in the main.

If you need to move it please do and sorry for it not being in the proper forum. Just thought more people might see it.

Me and Da Hammer are going out on a date again tonight.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top