My small collection

goin2bepro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I gave in to the auction bug and ended up with two more cues. One a Adam Jim Rempe 7 and the other a Competition. I'm sure some of you may have seen them for auction. The Rempe is in really good condition for its age, all it really needs is a shaft cleaning. The finish is almost perfect, at least in the forearm. The butt cap could use a buffing.

The Competition is freaking awesome. Yes it's a cheap cue but it is the EXACT model of my very first cue bought for me by my dad when I was 9. The weird thing is when I unpacked it from the box, it was brand new unchalked. It is a decal cue but I noticed that it has the classic Adam gold "19 oz made in Japan" sticker. Were these made by Adam/Miki factory for Competition Sports?

The picture of my collection goes, unknown 4pt, Competition, Adam J/R-7, Adam R/A-7, Jim Lee conversion from Davis blank. I forgot to include in the picture my all white Earl Cuetec which was tbe second cue my dad bought me.

PS lighting sucks in my house, I'll have to get them in the sun one of these days.

Attachments

• 20160610_182841.jpg
    20160610_182841.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 439
  • 20160610_182803.jpg
    20160610_182803.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 550
  • 20160610_182653.jpg
    20160610_182653.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 624

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The auction bug! Back out while you can! LOL! :D

Very cool you landed your first cue.

Competition sourced cues from several factories as far as I know. I do not know if one of them was Adam but Adam did make some very low end cues so it is possible.

Many of the Competition cues were Taiwan, Kao-Kao, that I am pretty certain of.

Nice little collection.

The Davis blank cue id very nice, but the Adam R/A-7 really turns my crank. Very cool cue.

Unknown sneaky cues are fun. I picked up a 60 inch not long ado for $20 that is an absolute gem. Very similar to yours but no wrap.

There are always some buys and bargains around. If you are into the nostalgia like I am the cues need not be terribly expensive.

Buy what you like I say. :thumbup:

Enjoy your cues. :smile:

goin2bepro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks

Thanks Chopdoc. I alway thought that the Competition was probably chinese/taiwanese but i was surprised when it came with a Japan sticker. Adam is the only big production in Japan that i know of but I'm sure there were other manufacturers during Japan's build up post WWII. And yes, i love old cues even if their production.

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unknown

I got a old 4pt just about like yours same wrap and butt and bumper but my foearm looks a little better and i was told Schick made mine. But who knows also mines a jump break but them two would make a great pair.