my wifes frist built wrapless player

leon sly

old school maniac!!
Silver Member
:D well it's been in production for some time now and it's starting to come together she know a thing or to about A joint work runout less .002" she will finish this one under my supervision "exquisite" thuya burl & quilted maple 1/2 ss joint 5/16x14 pin here"s a few pics i thought i would share.
IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg
 
that is just my style!!!!!!!!!!! i love thuya burl and maple! looks like shes doing a damn fine job.
 
Beautiful Cue

Damn sly a couple more cues like this from your wife and I'm selling all your cues and buying hers lol. Damn nice looking cue I think I'm going to have to put this one in my bag to nice to pass up.
 
Last edited:
lefty84 said:
that is just my style!!!!!!!!!!! i love thuya burl and maple! looks like shes doing a damn fine job.
Thank you sir she can work circles around most i know my wife doe's about 75% of the leather wraps on my cues with out useing a jig yes she know a few things about building cue lucky me!!!!
 
My wife would never work in the shop, she wont even go out there. My son does like to help out I let him build jp,
That is a really nice cue to me its all about the wood
 
will8834 said:
My wife would never work in the shop, she wont even go out there. My son does like to help out I let him build jp,
That is a really nice cue to me its all about the wood
Thanks, for the input i'm going to let her finish it out.
 
Nice job Lisa, don't show up the old man too much. How's my 6 pointer lookin' hanging up there? Bob C.
 
leon sly said:
Thanks, for the input i'm going to let her finish it out.
I may have came across wrong. What I meant was I would enjoy her company but it is so dirty she will not come out. It is easy sometimes on the internet to have things come across exactly the opposite of what you mean.
 
man i cant stop coming back to this thread to look at this cue!! i really really love it and want it!!! it would be such a nice match to my downey. nice touch on the buttcap and the rings compliment the cue well! tell her to keep up the damn fine work.
 
lefty84 said:
man i cant stop coming back to this thread to look at this cue!! i really really love it and want it!!! it would be such a nice match to my downey. nice touch on the buttcap and the rings compliment the cue well! tell her to keep up the damn fine work.
Thanks, for the kind words i don't think this will be for sale but you never know it's all about the green $$$$$:thumbup:
 
greens

leon sly said:
Thanks, for the kind words i don't think this will be for sale but you never know it's all about the green $$$$$:thumbup:
Hey! leon, if you get any extra green i'll help you out old pal. Bob
 
Hey Sly
Your wife`s a keeper if she does that nice of work around the shop for you. If you could get her to drag & skin deer for ya, that would be a bonus brother. By the way I didn`t get a deer this year boo who. Please tell your wife she has a great eye & great attention to detail as well. I also would love to meet you someday Sly just to talk cues. Maybe at the SBE this coming year. Merry X-mas & Happy New Year to you & your wife. Damn your cues are getting better & better everytime I see one. Keep up the great work, both of you Mr & Mrs Sly. Jeff
 
pooldawg8 said:
Hey Sly
Your wife`s a keeper if she does that nice of work around the shop for you. If you could get her to drag & skin deer for ya, that would be a bonus brother. By the way I didn`t get a deer this year boo who. Please tell your wife she has a great eye & great attention to detail as well. I also would love to meet you someday Sly just to talk cues. Maybe at the SBE this coming year. Merry X-mas & Happy New Year to you & your wife. Damn your cues are getting better & better everytime I see one. Keep up the great work, both of you Mr & Mrs Sly. Jeff
Thanks, jeff I'll be in touch this week:thumbup:
 
Back
Top