Name them-CTE Pro One Pros

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thinking today. Tiger Woods has gone through a few coaches, changed his swing (major changes) a couple times. So I said to myself, "self did he win more or less after the changes?"

Then I stopped and thought what about pool. Are the pros who use CTE Pro One winning more than they did before? Really that is the true gauge.

Can anyone name any Pros that are winning more since the change. Is The Blade, Shuff, or anyone else in the winners circle more? Help me out

Not opinions, just facts.

Se7en6ix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hmmm....

I think, the correct gauge is pocket statistics and not winnings......
although winners pockets more balls, a cte user must be gauage by pure pocketing stats.

Fact:
victory does not only come by pocketing balls..it boils down to mentality and game approach.

Even though I'd like to see some facts that the pros who use pro one are on the winning circle.
Hope someone would do..

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
US Open-Pro One

I see Stevie Moore lost his first round and came back with a win in his second match. Brandon Shuff lost his first and is down 10-4 to Rodney Morris in his second.

Both CTE Pro One Users. Have had a good time with both guys in New Town, ND during a tourney. Wish them luck

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know Brandon Shuff spent some time going over Pro One with Stan, but I didn't realize he was a full fledged user now.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hmmm....

I think, the correct gauge is pocket statistics and not winnings......
although winners pockets more balls, a cte user must be gauage by pure pocketing stats.

Fact:
victory does not only come by pocketing balls..it boils down to mentality and game approach.

Even though I'd like to see some facts that the pros who use pro one are on the winning circle.
Hope someone would do..

IMHO, aiming systems come down to ONE thing ONLY! Did you hit the ball or rail or whatever you were aiming at in the spot you were aiming at?

Whether the ball is made or you win is another thing entirely.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
IMHO, aiming systems come down to ONE thing ONLY! Did you hit the ball or rail or whatever you were aiming at in the spot you were aiming at?

Somehow I think people forget that and they expect the Aiming System to figure that for them. In my way of thinking the Aiming System is supposed to lead them to the knowledge of where to hit the ball, rail etc and have it be able to be learned from. Without knowing where you are supposed to hit the Object Ball its going to be real hard to learn to hit the ball with spin. At some point you have to learn some allowances.

Se7en6ix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

huh?

this thread claims that winning is the true gauge in proving CTE Pro one.

I just raised that it's better to gauge it in pocketing skills by means of technical statistics.

=========================================================

The reality is, all of us use aiming system, wether its SVB, efren, varner or etc.
we call it aiming system for the reason that its a method. They call it look-feel-shoot! I dont

Gauging CTE Pro One by wins is wrong. Aiming by concept is to help a player pocket more balls fluently, it does not make you win.. that's a fact.

did you know that SVB uses his own aiming, did you know that in another part of the globe another person is using SVB's aiming and doing it poorly...

ANY AIMING SYSTEM DOES NOT GUARANTEE WINNING.

the reason why any aiming system is being heckled is that fact that some genuinely think that it could automatically make them become SVB or other pros...

And some hecklers genuinely think it does not work without even trying.

Last edited:

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really, somebody that posts this, wouldn't be a user would they?

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=199473013518952&story_fbid=205411156327280

So nobody can name more than 2 CTE Pro One users in the US Open. Wow, for such an amazing tool that seems odd. I mean really, if you were getting paid to play, wouldn't you want the best?

As many as 8 or more that I have personally trained ....ONE SUPER HIGH FINISHER. I am sure that saddens you!!
Pro One got MANY great wins in the event. Wouldn't you love to know all the names so you could begin your mission of tearing them down whenever possible.

The big big picture that would really make you sick is how many in the field use PRO ONE left and right sweeps into their shots....easily 100 plus players are employing sweeps.....which visually puts them into the CTE position for most shots.

More and more players are learning and desiring to learn what they are doing. PRO ONE is here and in a HUGE WAY...

Stan Shuffett

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I answered your question, if you'd prefer to take that Facebook post as proof, that's your choice. Nobody is responding to your thread as you appear to be an insignificant troll.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess this means Rodney Morris is also a pro that uses CTE.

By your logic, if I post a 5 star review of a restaurant on Yelp, I'm now allowed to eat anywhere else.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Maybe some sweep into the shot, its still not pro1. How can you say it is?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The term VISUAL SWEEP came from a top USA player (NOT ME) that also finished high in the U S OPEN this year.
In a discussion about CTE this player said YES he sweeps into his shots....as is done PRO ONE.

PRO ONE VISUAL SWEEP is simply a phrase that describes what pro players are really doing verses moving straight into to their shots.....

I am happy to have defined and refined what they are doing IN AN OBJECTIVE MANNER because most have ZERO explanation of what they're doing.

The sweeps whether pros know it or not are most often beginning from a CTE offset.

Hal Houle knew this when he said decades ago that the top 200 players are using CTE....

CTE PRO ONE is in all 50 states and over 50 different countries.
CTE PRO ONE has won many state titles, tons of regional events, multiple tour titles, various pro titles, nationals titles (in the USA) as well national and other significant titles abroad.....

The efforts to discredit CTE are a mere waste of time at this point.

A week or so ago, I worked 4 days with a pro that came to my home from the other side of the globe. He was a member of his national team.....he, at times, practices with WU.. CTE is spreading big time.....

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
I think what you teach tries to lock a person on the shot line, what some are probably doing is sweeping till the shot looks right. If this is the case, there is a difference. Their starting point vs yours. Feel would be a big factor without the line ups that are required in pro1.
Not saying there's not an offset , I just think they sweep from a consistent point.

Just giving my opinion, probably wrong, but I do think some player are sweeping into the shot in a way which gives them the right shot line.

Anthony

Last edited:

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Were you to visit Stan for a lesson, you'd see photographs of many famous/top players, female and male, pretty much covering four walls. These are photos taken in Stan's room. So either they went way out of their way to have a beer with Stan or were there for a lesson. The naysayers may believe what they wish, I've seen the facts first hand.

Not sure why the OP wants to be so destructive about something he knows absolutely nothing about but that speaks volumes about his character.

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan answered the question very well. This would probably be a better question in a couple of years since it has been formally out there for only a few years.

Pretty lame question. Hope that it doesn't keep you from learning and experimenting but somehow I think that it will.

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Next time my girlfriend asks me to sweep the yard, ill tell her I ProOne'd it. Ya know, I just visually sweeped it.

Jokes aside, many players, in fact I would go as far as to say all players sweep into the shot. From left and right. You would have to stand really far back to bring the cue in perfectly straight with no right or left sweeping motions. Fact is, regardless of what system a player is using, right handed players have a tendency to bring the cue in from left to right with their bridge hand. Is that a sweep? Who knows. Some players prefer to stand at an offset position from the line of the shot and visualize coming in from this offset position, that requires a visual sweep to get the cue onto the line of the shot. Does it mean they're CTE users? No.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Next time my girlfriend asks me to sweep the yard, ill tell her I ProOne'd it. Ya know, I just visually sweeped it.

Jokes aside, many players, in fact I would go as far as to say all players sweep into the shot. From left and right. You would have to stand really far back to bring the cue in perfectly straight with no right or left sweeping motions. Fact is, regardless of what system a player is using, right handed players have a tendency to bring the cue in from left to right with their bridge hand. Is that a sweep? Who knows. Some players prefer to stand at an offset position from the line of the shot and visualize coming in from this offset position, that requires a visual sweep to get the cue onto the line of the shot. Does it mean they're CTE users? No.

VISUAL SWEEPS have zip to do with one's cue coming in from, let's say left to right as a right hander. Sweeps are about the visual offsets that occur to the actual shot lines.

One day it will be generally understood by the masses that it's the slight rotation or pivot to CCB that is key to connecting with pockets.

Stan Shuffett

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
VISUAL SWEEPS have zip to do with one's cue coming in from, let's say left to right as a right hander. Sweeps are about the visual offsets that occur to the actual shot lines.

One day it will be generally understood by the masses that it's the slight rotation or pivot to CCB that is key to connecting with pockets.

Stan Shuffett
If you notice, I mentioned sweeping into the shot, not visual sweeping into the shot :)

Where I mentioned the visual sweep I mentioned the starting offset position to visually come into the shot via a visual sweep.

If the slight rotation or pivot to CCB was so vital in connecting a person to the required pocket, why aren't there more names mentioned in this thread of pros using CTE? A quick check would show the mentioned players potting percentages as a before and after aiming enlightenment, right?

Fact is, pros were pros before they took up CTE, if they do in fact use CTE. They get to that level by having very high potting percentages in their arsenal. I'm not saying it doesn't work, I've seen for my self it does, but it isn't going to drastically make a pro into an unbeatable pro. Nor is it going to bring a shortstop through the ranks any quicker to start competing on the pro stage. I personally see it as a very good system for beginners and intermediates who's potting percentages aren't showing the standard correlation to their mechanics ability, ie, those who struggle with aiming, but have solid strokes and positional play.

This is the reason you have such a loyal fan base, Stan. Because the loyal fans who defend the system at all costs are the types of players I've mentioned before, beginners and intermediates who have previously struggled with aiming. There are a few higher skilled players on here that are clearly loyal to you, but not anywhere near as many as one would expect based on what some users will lead you to believe about the system.