Need advice on buying a "Fellini" style case.

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been wanting a Fellini style case for a while, since before I even knew the style had a name. Now, I need some advice on my options. I keep losing auctions for George cases on eBay.

I like the George and GTF cases, however, the GTF cases carry a price a little out of my range, with even a 1x2 Prestige case coming in at least $200. The Kopy Kat cases are nice, however, with even the 2x4 being relatively affordable.

The George cases seem only available through retail through Omega, and the price is just too high for me, even though they're really nice.

Should I keep combing AZ and eBay hoping to score a nice George, or should I go the Kopy Kat route? Yes, I realize the choice is up to me, but I like hearing others' opinions and input.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
The KopyKat line is going to be your best bet for instant availability if you want a 2x4. That line was created to allow for the Fellini style in a low price range. And it is the true Fellini style with upholstered hand-finished ends.

It's getting harder and harder to find a bargain on a used It's George. My other suggestion is post your wanted ad on AZB's wfs section and on Open Billiard Market on Facebook and see if anyone is willing to part with a used case in your budget. You might be surprised.

Dgerst

Global warming is bad?
Silver Member
McDermott Mac cases turn up once in a while. They're worth looking at as well. Solid aluminum. The two on the right side of this photo are Macs.
casesforsale11.jpg

or1pkt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMO just spend the money on a GTF cause you'd be wasting it on anything else as far as those style cases go.

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
What's your budget? There have been some very nice 1x2 older It's Georges on here lately for around $150. Used GTFs around that same price too. A 2x4 in that style for $150 is probably gonna be a little dogged out if you're looking used.

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's your budget? There have been some very nice 1x2 older It's Georges on here lately for around $150. Used GTFs around that same price too. A 2x4 in that style for $150 is probably gonna be a little dogged out if you're looking used.

We'll say $250-$300 top end, though I can't picture myself paying that for a 1x2. I try looking in the WFS forum, but the search function makes it hard with certain items, ie, GTF is too short of a term, even when I put it "GTF case" in quotes.

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
We'll say $250-$300 top end, though I can't picture myself paying that for a 1x2. I try looking in the WFS forum, but the search function makes it hard with certain items, ie, GTF is too short of a term, even when I put it "GTF case" in quotes.

You can search using google also, it's more effective with shorter search word terms. www.google.com with search terms like....azbilliards + gtf + case + sale

Barnabus McDoug

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a 2x3 custom rugged case from Barton and also a Kopy Kat 1x2. I love the Kopy Kat. It's simple and easy to load and unload. Easy to carry. And there's enough room in the lid for some chalk, a piece of leather for burnishing, a glove, and believe it or not, my all in one tip tool. Overall a great case.