need help about sneaky pete

yongxingtennis

Registered
i need to know what kind of cue this is. if any of you guys can please help, thanks in advance to everyone.

not sure what kind of cue this is, but i am a fan of sneaky petes.

i have a players sneaky pete and just purchased this cue recently online a few days ago.

r765uv.jpg

r7661z.jpg

r76644.jpg

r76680.jpg

r7668z.jpg

r766aa.jpg

r766bp.jpg

r766fr.jpg

r766ht.jpg

r7687r.jpg

Hi, you guys are correct.

the newer one is a players chocobola sneaky pete by players.

the other one is the one i am questioning. I purchased it on ebay a few days ago and dont know if it a meucci.

are there any experts here on meucci? any pointers or advice that can prove it is a meucci? Thanks

i am currently on spring break right now and one of my friends has a meucci sneaky pete red dot

once i go back, i will compare it with him.

but any help from here would let me sleep easier at night.

thanks for all the help so far, anyone else?

if it helps at all, i pulled out a 3inch bolt from inside. it weighed 3 ounces.

scottycoyote

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i dont think its a meucci......looks like the right pin but most meuccis have grroves in the butt so you can screw in weights, that one looks smooth.

yongxingtennis

Registered
scottycoyote said:
i dont think its a meucci......looks like the right pin but most meuccis have grroves in the butt so you can screw in weights, that one looks smooth.

It has grooves in the wood deeper inside. It has the same meucci weight bolt if that helps

JayBates

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that bumper is a dead give away of a meucci....altho not sure if meucci sneaky petes have the "signature" long ferril on them or not. not sure on the shaft but i would definately say the butt is a meucci. i took a weight out of my friends meucci the other day and its the same. he had a small one ounce adjustible weight on top then a long 3 ounce weight behind it.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
the ferrule is 1.25 inches long, but it may be the predot sp. not 100% sure on that, but more help would be greatly appreciated. thanks a lot.

Meucci! :)

Cue Crazy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We use to have a pre dot many years ago, and altough I can't remember how sharp the splice was at the bottom, the rest of that cue looks like a meucci to me.

I'm close to where the players were first distributed, and also had one of the early players that we bought new back then. We sold It to a pool buddy many years ago, he has shot with it exclusivly since then, and we'll put a tip on It every once and a while for him. He shoots really well with It, and It is still dead straight when rolled out on a table, even though It only comes out of his car to play, the rest of the time It's locked in the heat :rolleyes: . Just saw it the other day, and it has the little decal with the triangle, and players on it, so one of those older ones should stick out like a sore thumb. I asked him "well, after all those years that cue should have well paid for It'self", he just laughed, said "many times over", and that "It has well paid for It'self just in beer alone":D

Cue Crazy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yongxingtennis said:
lol, man i have some bad news.

i took a picture of a real meucci next to mine and still doubt that it is a meucci.

the pointy things at the bottom are way too short. will upload pics tonight

That's the part I'm not sure about, I can't remember if the points were that squared off at the bottom or not. It's been many years since we had ours, so It somewhat slips My mind. There used to be a bunch of them here in town, but don't see as many now days. I'll definatly pay attention to that next time I run accross one now that the thought is planted in My mind. ;)

yongxingtennis

Registered
Cue Crazy said:
That's the part I'm not sure about, I can't remember if the points were that squared off at the bottom or not. It's been many years since we had ours, so It somewhat slips My mind. There used to be a bunch of them here in town, but don't see as many now days. I'll definatly pay attention to that next time I run accross one now that the thought is planted in My mind. ;)

alrighty thanks cue crzy

just searched for a thread in here and found out it is a meucci. this meucci is a predot and was made in the early 80s. they were shorter than the new ones.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=26832&page=3&highlight=meucci+sneaky

post # 32.

Last edited: